Any interest in a small tournament?

I'm finishing up development of a set of scenarios that I was going to put them out through the Repository, but it occurred to me that there might be enough interest to warrant using them for a small tournament before releasing them into the wild.

What I'm proposing is a straight bracket tournament; no complex scoring, just winner goes on, loser goes home (mostly because it's just easier for me to administer). Four scenarios, all using the same map but each otherwise unique. This arrangement would require 16 players. Preference would be given to those with prior tournament experience; AARs would be required for every scenario completed; anyone who drops out would be publicly shamed.

This is an informal testing of the waters to see if there's enough public interest to go forward. If there is, I'll post up a formal announcement/sign-up thread.

I can turn over, on average, one PBEM turn per day. Over the holidays (from about the 24th to new years) things will get a bit sluggish. Hopefully that will not be any different from anyone else.

I don't think there would be any problem. These scenarios are all quite small and relatively short. Turns go quickly. Nonetheless, I think somewhere around a 45-day maximum time period for each round would be adequate (none of them are over 45 minutes in length).

I'm finishing up development of a set of scenarios that I was going to put them out through the Repository, but it occurred to me that there might be enough interest to warrant using them for a small tournament before releasing them into the wild.

What I'm proposing is a straight bracket tournament; no complex scoring, just winner goes on, loser goes home (mostly because it's just easier for me to administer). Four scenarios, all using the same map but each otherwise unique. This arrangement would require 16 players. Preference would be given to those with prior tournament experience; AARs would be required for every scenario completed; anyone who drops out would be publicly shamed.

This is an informal testing of the waters to see if there's enough public interest to go forward. If there is, I'll post up a formal announcement/sign-up thread.

I am in. Are battles going to be mirrored? If not, you better be prepared for some bitching about unbalanced games.

I am in. Are battles going to be mirrored? If not, you better be prepared for some bitching about unbalanced games.

I'm not planning on mirroring. I'm doing everything in my power to balance the scenarios, but I already know there will likely be complaints, or at least grumbling. I envision this as just a fun and relatively informal tournament, and I hope everyone will look at it the same way.

I'm going to leave this up over the weekend to see if we can get to the 16 necessary; we're a good bit short right now. If it looks like we can make it work, I'll put the formal announcement and sign-up thread up on Monday. Anyone who's interested and hasn't spoken up, sound off like ya got a pair!