Back to Work

Fuser

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhm, ok, frigo, I get it now. And, yes, you are right, I simply wanted to make them available for those who missed them. Shared Us gear and 50. cal Mg were available before too, the only totally new one is the Bunker Mod. Wow, it seems like you know more about my mods than myself!!

Joyeux Noel!!

I felt they blended well, there was a harmony between them,and that, made me happy.

Yes, your stuff blends perfect...lends itself to the original terrain textures and all the subdued sets as well...it's a great all around mod set.

..... it will be hard to have a harmonious vehicle army when we start to mix mods and authors. I felt guilty for being monopolistic. Hope they can have have their niche. I really do.

That shouldn't be too much of a problem for other modders if they look to keep the colors, hues and palette in line with what you've done. But even if they don't people can always make stuff blend themselves by messing with stuff in photoshop or Gimp..

Anyway...the Sherman looks beautiful. Thanks again, my man. Enjoy your holidays and enjoy the game and your break from modding...oh, and if you are gonna release anything tomorrow, you might wanna upload it to Gaj's site too, Moon probably won't be around to for a few days.

Take care bro!

Mord.

I looked at (all four) of my M4A3 model mods by Aris and I cannot find any mortars. So, I will appreciate having them in the upcoming mod.

Erwin,

the US mortars are in Aris' M4A3 Mod Pack (link to repository just in case), in a folder entitled "Extras" inside the RAR file. The .50 cal and other bonus materials are in there too. Might wanna re-check or re-download. :)

And to Aris/Fuser: Many, many thanks for your great mods, nothing compares to them! When I see one of the few unmodded vehicles in game now I find it just stands out like a sore thumb. Have a great Christmas and enjoy your break from modding! Recharge those batteries ;)

Thanks Stoex, I will re-download. I have the "Sherman extras" and "50 cal"... Maybe I missed the mortars...

And +1 to what you said to Fuser/Aris... It's like a new game with your mods! Hope you have a restful Xmas and New Year week and you get refreshed and do not burn out from doing all this work...

With the M4A3 Sherman Mod Pack from Aris (which is great, BTW!), can you simply install the unzipped Mod Pack folder into the Z folder, or do you need to "unpack" the subfolders (e.g., Aris_M4A3 Sherman Early; Extras) and bring them up to the same level as the Mod Pack Folder? That is, can you have it as Z-->Aris_M4A3 Sherman Mod Pack-->Aris_M4A3 Sherman Early (and the other subfolders), or to properly work does it need to be Z-->Aris_M4A3 Sherman Early (and the other subfolders)?

I hope that this question makes some sense; thanks & Merry Christmas!

As long as there are no other Sherman mods of that same type in your z folder you can name the folder anything you wish. All the sub folders will load as well just make sure the files within are named properly. Ex: if they are extra hull textures you'd name them M4A3 Sherman Early hull 2, M4A3 Sherman Early hull 3 etc (if not already done).

The main mod textures will say M4A3 Sherman Early hull...there'll be no 1 after it.

Mord.

That winter mod looks great as it is Aris! I remember playing CMBO back in the day - I was astounded by the snow and ice on some Shermans and the wintery terrain. I was using the Ardennes mod in a Bulge mission. I *think* the terrain and armour mods were by Marco Bergman but I can't be sure. But that was my most favourite set of battles purely because of the quality of the mods!

Some blast from the past screenshots here : http://hosted.wargamer.com/TCMHQ/International.html

Aris, I agree take a break mate. Sit back and let bulldog and anyone else take over for abit. We have the commonwealth out soon and so many will be clamouring for mods for it but if you burn out before hand or you burn out before the east front series comes out (which at the rate your going you will do) it will be a great loss.

So sit back. We don't need snow ones yet. I've already mentioned for Bulldog to hae ago at the snow ones, maybe let him take over those for awhile.

I am about to leave this mod unfinished. Modding walls with irregular bricks makes fixing and aligning a nightmare. I like it so far, but I now understand Juju when he spoke about this fact time ago :) Stock walls have very regular shaped bricks, which allow easy aligning, but as a drawback look too regular and cartoonish...IMO.

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg