Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

After sleep iMac crash

Both my iBook and iMac won't return to CM after they have gone to sleep. Other programs open at the same time have no problems re-opening, and if I re-open one of these other programs after sleep, then try to open CM, it still crashes. The ibook is on OS 9.04 and the iMac on OS 9.1. Apart from that everything else is pretty much identical. Is anyone else experiencing these Mac crashes?

I'm not sure who posted it, but I've heard of some people having problems with the sleep functionality and CM on the Mac.

I don't know how well sleep capabilities function with the game APIs out there. For a desktop app that isn't really doing anything, sleeping is no big deal. For a game, such a pause can come at a very bad time during computations.

Do you have the same problem trying to open CM if it were at one of the scenario selection screens rather than in the game itself ? I'd guess that any other full-screen game may have similar problems trying to go to sleep and then waking up with out crashing.