Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

No fog

Corbs

I have seen this problem has plagued many people and I wanted to ask how it could be solved on my computer. The fog is not visible(all other weather works), I have tried to set my graphics chip to the highest settings possible and still no fog.

My computer's specs are...

Hewlett-Packard

Pavilion

GenuineIntel

Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller

127MB RAM

Thank you for your assistance.

I'm not sure if the Intel 810E video can support fog-tables or not. The latest driver version is 6.1 (dated 12-20-00). You can try this out and see if it helps. Do you know if your HP Pavilion has dedicated video memory or is it sharing (from your memory size I assume that it is sharing)?

I'm going to guess off-hand that this driver update most likely won't fix the fog display issue. If fog is really important to you, then you may want to consider purchasing an AGP video card (assuming your Pavilion has an AGP slot - a number of i810E based board probably won't) such as the GeForce2 MX (about US$120 or less). If you tell us the model of your Pavilion we can tell you whether you can add an AGP card or not.

Intel 810E driver (download the first listed file, which is 6.1 - get the English version, it is a smaller download):

http://appsr.cps.intel.com/scripts-df/Filter_Re sults.asp?strTypes=DRV,UTL&strOSs=16,17,18,22&strLangs=&ProductID=178&page_nbr=1

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 01-25-2001).]

The older HP's that I have seen do not have an AGP slot. I just had some work done to my PC to add my new 3D card. The game did run fine on my HP Pav. 8386 but I was a little bent that HP takes the option away from the user by having the cards built on the mother board. frown.gif

ABout the only thing left of my old system is the processor.