New Commonwealth screenshots.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what surprised me was the airborne chaps! I was sure they weren't supposed to be in until the OP market-garden module?

But hey, not complaining! Guess pegasus bridge will be amongst the scenarios either in the release or a release fast after the module comes out :P

No Brit airborne at all for the Normandy time frame would be a pretty glaring omission.

But regardless, we probably will get a substantial number of new Airborne TOEs in the Market Garden module. U.S. Airborne TOEs saw substantial change between Normandy and Market Garden, so BFC will need to offer new TOEs to accurately reflect how the 101st and 82nd were structured around the Market Garden time frame. Steve has already hinted as much.

We may actually get new Commonwealth Airborne TOEs as well in the Market Garden module. I don't know as much about the British Airborne TOEs, so I don't know how necessary it will be to revise the TOEs in order to accurately reflect British Airborne forces that were involved in the Market Garden fighting.

what surprised me was the airborne chaps! I was sure they weren't supposed to be in until the OP market-garden module?

But hey, not complaining! Guess pegasus bridge will be amongst the scenarios either in the release or a release fast after the module comes out :P

It's the German FJ that will be introduced in the Market Garden module. :) And I'm sure Polish airborne as well.

Pegasus Bridge Luvly Jubbly :)

Are those the long-awaited SS camouflage smocks or just a camo pattern on the default tunic?

!

I was wondering that myself...from the angle of the pic it's hard to say...my guess would be no but I hope I am wrong.

Mord.

Well the Paras pictured in the OP seem to have smocks, so we can hope....

But on closer inspection, all the landser are wearing the webstraps, which they wouldn't wear over smocks (at least not that I've ever seen).

On a separate note, I guess there's no way we'll ever get an animation where the soldiers carrying something other than their small arms (e.g. MGs, ATWs) move with them across their shoulders. Doesn't seem that hard an animation to create, and would definitely look less awkward. Priorities, I suppose.

Well if they were just recolored tunics that would be super wrong, at least with the pattern shown. And I dont believe BF would do anything super wrong. So probably there will be actually smocks.

Also, webbing was frequently worn over camo smocks so no problem with that.

Only the early smocks were meant to be worn over the webbing and the equipment, which was rarely done though.