45 for a bigger 'WW1 The Great War' WW2 campaign or worth it?

I am bored and had a lot of fun with SC WWI The Great war 1914-1918 and saw that there is an expansion coming out for SC WW2 Global Conflict. Now, there already was a Europe WW2 campaign in WW 1 The Great war and I never played WW 2 Global Conflict, is it worth paying 45 dollars for it? I mean, I loved WW1 The Great war, but in the end it is probably going to be exactly the same and much of the changes are just what they changed in WW1 The Great War.

Fanboys don't rip me apart, asking a honest question here.

HI Sapare.

Global Conflict has a big plus: the entire world map.

That means that you decide where to go, what to do.

Keep the UK navy near the British Isles, or send them toward Singapoore?

Should the USA stay with "Germany first", or should the Japanese campaign be more important?

WW1 is a brilliant game. And so is Global Conflict, even more with the upcoming expansion.

It is really nice to think global.

And there are some brilliant "what if" campaigns in the new expansion, which should give all players, espacially when playing against the AI, great fun, many new situations, decision, etc.

You can't truly compare a WW1 game against a WW2 game, neither a "only europe" map with a global map.

Personally i don't want to ever play a WW2 game with only a single theater of operation map (only europe, or only the pacific).

It feels like a cheap version of what could be (and is within Global Combat).

Just as an eye opener: take a look at this link, where you can see the entire map, pasted together into one large picture (39MB):

In WW1 i can live with an european map, as there wasn't so very much global action.

In my opinion SC Global Conflict (even without the upcoming Gold expansion) and SC WW1 are the best easy to learn / play / enjoy round strategy games ever.

And i played my fair share since Storm accross Europe, Clash of Steel, Third Reich, etc., etc.).

I hope this helps at least a bit.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It is always nice to see that there are people who will give good reasons and arguments, and not go all fanboy rage. I might buy it but now I am confused about one thing.

When going on the 'SC WWII Global GOLD BUNDLE - PREORDER '

It shows the

'Price: $70.00(with a line through)

$45.00

You Save: $25.00'

But when choosing the purchase options there is only 'Download and mail' as an option(which again says 70 dollars)

So is it 45 or 70 now?

(And if I were to buy it now, will the normal WW 2 Global Conflict still be DLable right now or do I have to wait till gold releases to be able to play either of them? Because half of my reason to buy it is my current boredom)

But when choosing the purchase options there is only 'Download and mail' as an option(which again says 70 dollars)

So is it 45 or 70 now?

The dropdown menu shows you the regular price, but once you actually click on it, you will see that it costs $45 (plus S&H).

(And if I were to buy it now, will the normal WW 2 Global Conflict still be DLable right now or do I have to wait till gold releases to be able to play either of them? Because half of my reason to buy it is my current boredom)

The pre-ordered bundle will be made available when the GOLD expansion is released, you cannot download the base game prior to that if you pre-order the bundle. In order to get the base game now, you would have to purchase the base game separately as a download and pre-order just the GOLD expansion (and not the bundle).