Can't wait for the new Commonwealth module!

Really looking forward to this. What are folk most looking forward to? I hope to see some larger battles with loads of British armoured units and masses of artillery. I'm also hoping for a decent, less-linear campaign. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the SS compare to the 'uber' SS units that were in Cmx1. I hope to see the Croc and AVRE at some point in the non-too distant future too!

Really looking forward to this. What are folk most looking forward to?

As a Canadian. I am looking forward to commanding some Canadian troops. I am also curious to see how well the PIAT works in the new environment. I also think it will be fun to have some different tanks for the allies (i.e. Churchill).

I'm looking forward to what our talented modders will do with this module as much as I'm looking forward to the module itself --- SS camo smocks, dirtied up Tigers and Brens, Tommies with "war-ravaged" blackened faces and netting (and a few leaves?) on their helmets (in battle photos they're almost never clean metal), and then of course someone will give us some intro music files with Highland bagpipes as a mood-setter for the Scottish Corridor...

I hope BFC will release the maps used in the Epsom campaign as single maps too, as was recently done in a map pack for Montebourg. I was going to start making maps for Epsom myself, but I'm going to wait until I see what's already done in-house and how authentic they are (looking for that famous Calvary cross monument on the approach to Hill 112)...

Mord, you need to do a CMBN vs CMBO Commonwealth vehicle comparison like you did for the base game. Please...

Funny you should mention that. I started screwing with that right around the time they announced the new module. I got sidetracked but I'll try and get going on it again and then post the findings in the original thread.

Mord.

I'm looking forward to what our talented modders will do with this module as much as I'm looking forward to the module itself --- SS camo smocks, dirtied up Tigers and Brens, Tommies with "war-ravaged" blackened faces and netting (and a few leaves?) on their helmets (in battle photos they're almost never clean metal), and then of course someone will give us some intro music files with Highland bagpipes as a mood-setter for the Scottish Corridor...

I've already started mentally preparing myself for the dirty faces and portrait pics...give me a chance to update my original portraits as well (add in a couple I left out).

If I recall Steve was talking about making the SS models a bit different or something to accommodate their uni styles...so that should be cool.

Mord.

I'd be happy if guys in opened topped vehicles (and bunkers) stopped disappearing when they get nailed...maybe throw them to the ground or something if it's too hard to have them stay within the vehicle. I don't know if that constitutes as an animation but it would help with immersion and knowing (especially with passengers) what happened to the squad that was sitting in that half track five turns ago.

Mord.

I'd be happy if guys in opened topped vehicles (and bunkers) stopped disappearing when they get nailed...maybe throw them to the ground or something if it's too hard to have them stay within the vehicle. I don't know if that constitutes as an animation but it would help with immersion and knowing (especially with passengers) what happened to the squad that was sitting in that half track five turns ago.

Mord.

Absolutely agree. Whilst on the subject of immersion I'd love to see that k98 sound appearing.. One can wish!

Well, you may be in luck on that hope, 'cause Steve stated he was gonna see if they could get unique sounds for both the rifle and smg of each nation.

Mord.

Yep I read that too - but I was under the impression we wouldn't be seeing it anytime soon. I just assumed we were talking a while off. But fingers crossed that would be fantastic.