New file at the Repository: Aris_StuH42 Early Mod (2011-11-19)

The only BMPs I have encountered this problem are the "-skirt.bmp"s of the Stug Early and the Stuh Early. You don´t need to insert spaces in any other bmps. I don´t know if adding that blank space is need when using optional graphics for the Stug/Stuh as I check my mods one vehicle at a time...

I like to use all your options by renumbering the .bmp's and copying all to the main tank mod folder.

Ok, I checked the dealership and found that the numbers on the skirts are reversed back to front (at least for the skirt mod that had been randomly selected: "438").

I loaded the dealership several times. I tried loading with a space before the .bmp, and with no space. I thought the options are selected randonly each time. However, the same number (438) keeps coming up (reversed) altho' sometimes the skirt has a piece missing. (So, I presume the skirt is shared with the Stugs or other tanks?)

Please clarify exactly which graphic needs the "space" before the .bmp, and which do not. This "space" issue is confusing.

The 438 being reversed might be a problem in my mod. I will check it asap, time permitting. The skirt having a piece missing is working as intended by the devs and it´s random.

The only bmps needing a blank space at the end are the following.

stuh-early-skirt*.bmp

stug-iiig-early-skirt* .bmp

where "*" must be a blank space. In order to have a blank space at the end of these filenames whenever they are renamed, you must right click on the BMP, select "Properties" and add the blank space in the small window that has the filename. Typical renaming of these filenames (Right click---> change name, or double click on the BMP and retype )won´t work.

You issued a warning re using the Properties menu to change the option names for the StuG but not for the StuH, so I forgot. Thanks.

To clarify, one has to put a space before the .bmp via the "Properties" menu for ALL the mod options, not just the original vanilla one that comes default with your mod, correct?

That´s it. I already added the blank space for the default mod and the decals, but if you want to have 3 different STUHs then you have to use the method I pointed out. Hope you manage to do it eventually :). As for the reverse lettering, I already updated the submission (version 1.2 ) for the StuH, should be available soon.

I was curious: What happens if you use the traditional method of inserting that space AND change the name via the Properties menu. Does the option still appear?

ie: Do the names have to match/be identical using the Properties menu AND the regular method of renaming (or is that automatic)?

Ok, I just tried it and it seems that when one changes the name via the Properties menu, it also changes the name as it appears in the folder. But, apparently the reverse does not work.

If you try to use the traditional method of renaming and adding that blank space, Windows ( don´t know why), deletes that blank space automatically. Use the properties menu so that you can have that blank space, otherwise that blank space "dissapears" and game engine won´t recognize the mod.

I know it sounds like a mess, but it´s the only way to have the Stug Early and the Stuh Early modded. Not my fault if you ask me ;) !