Special Quick Battles

First let me explain, i hate quick battles because they are normaly in my opinion like capture the flag type battles, so what i did was make my own map, set proper objectives, and setup zones in editor (all the usual things except choosing troops) then rename file to make it into a quick battle map and place it in the quick battle folder. then i start it up letting both sides see map preview (only problem i found was that setup zones for german forces did not show up in preview on german side but solved by choosing any troops and entering set up phase to see setup zones, then exiting and restarting to choose troops.)

i set to huge battle so you get most points to purchase troops with and set to max time (which is 2 hours) can this please be increased ? in future patches.

it may sound a complicated way of setting up battle but it gives a whole new dimention to pbem play as you get to see objectives and then also get to chose your own troops for the battle.

something a normal game does not have, so it is a mix between a good battle map and being able to chose troops like quick battle.

Thanks again to bfc for a epic game and a fully functional quick battle system :)

First let me explain, i hate quick battles because they are normaly in my opinion like capture the flag type battles, so what i did was make my own map, set proper objectives, and setup zones in editor (all the usual things except choosing troops) then rename file to make it into a quick battle map and place it in the quick battle folder. then i start it up letting both sides see map preview (only problem i found was that setup zones for german forces did not show up in preview on german side but solved by choosing any troops and entering set up phase to see setup zones, then exiting and restarting to choose troops.)

i set to huge battle so you get most points to purchase troops with and set to max time (which is 2 hours) can this please be increased ? in future patches.

it may sound a complicated way of setting up battle but it gives a whole new dimention to pbem play as you get to see objectives and then also get to chose your own troops for the battle.

something a normal game does not have, so it is a mix between a good battle map and being able to chose troops like quick battle.

Thanks again to bfc for a epic game and a fully functional quick battle system :)

Sorry, I don't get it - what is the difference to a 'normal' quick battle??

hi Scipio, the main difference is that quick battles, i have played are normaly good maps but have setup zones that are somewhat limiting and the objectives are normaly train objectives, in especialy quick battles that have both sides attacking, it becomes more a case of race to the objective and hold, as you normaly know where the oponents troops will start from.

with this system you can even give setup zones where not expected thus giving greater flexability, while still letting the person choose there own troops and giving more objectives and troop scoring factores that are left out of quick battles.

hi Stingray unfortunately i do not get much time anymore to make maps except the odd occasion and then normaly big maps but if you get time try playing with quick battle maps in editor, all you need to change is the setup zones and and objectives, then save under new name, the editor is really fun to use, but abit tricky at first.