First scenario

Yes, first try, first defeat!

My commander Barkmann (in Barkmann´s corner) died at half the scenario to a front 76mm hit, that ironically didn´t kill the tank, just him and the loader. Few turns later, even though my german fellows managed to kill nine shermans and a couple of halftracks, a side shot in the turret of the Panther from another 76mm gun (guess an M4A2), made ther rest of the crew bail out and run for cover. After that, the infantry near the village (I could have set them up better than I did) was overrun by the american tanks which reached the their objective in no time and gifted me a major defeat. Without armor support any team sent to recapture lost ground was under death warrant.

Even though in front of such a beating (to me), I ended up with a big smile.

The only feeling that I was left with, is that I found infantry a little bit vulnerable (no matter the cover they had), and that the AI easily recognized and killed all my Raketenpanzerbüchse (panzerschreck) teams... Of course it could be just my imagination and lack of willing to accept the beating I received :).

So, being in a Panther was not taht easy after all :)

Great game, S!

This scenerio will most likely be re-made using the waffen SS and I beleive the Fallschirjager troops that were actually there. Not to mention the map looks all wrong considering the evidence of exactly where Barkmanns corner was.

Barkmanns Corner Scenerio was difficult, and I even lost a bit of men... after the onslaught of US tanks.

This scenerio will most likely be re-made using the waffen SS and I beleive the Fallschirjager troops that were actually there. Not to mention the map looks all wrong considering the evidence of exactly where Barkmanns corner was.

Barkmanns Corner Scenerio was difficult, and I even lost a bit of men... after the onslaught of US tanks.

Assuming it actually happened which has been a source of debate on this forum previously. :D

Ghostrider 3/3, I will respectfully call you on that one, as I have done tons of research on this, and both what he did and where he did it has never been solved. Matter of fact, reports from the Americans say they didn't lose the amount of tanks he claimed that day. There was an attack against a defensive line nearby, a scenario I have made based on other reports, but no one is sure where the attack/ambush took place. If you are interested, I'll send you my version, but again, mine may not be accurate either.

Rune

Ghostrider 3/3, I will respectfully call you on that one, as I have done tons of research on this, and both what he did and where he did it has never been solved. Matter of fact, reports from the Americans say they didn't lose the amount of tanks he claimed that day. There was an attack against a defensive line nearby, a scenario I have made based on other reports, but no one is sure where the attack/ambush took place. If you are interested, I'll send you my version, but again, mine may not be accurate either.

Rune

I totally understand this debate, and my intentions are not to create a Barkmann theory thread. In war, its true both sides exaggerate and tell lies because of embarressment...it happens, and we may all never know the truth. That being said I have seen like most others here pictures or the pictures in theory of what supposedly was Barkmanns corner, from what I had seen from Vetran pictures... it did not look the same. If I can get my hands on them I would of course share them with you all.

look at some of the paintings on barkmann's corner and you will get an idea

If your thinking of the painting.. I think your thinking of, its already been ruled that it is not even close but was the artists impression. Barkmann sat in his Panther I beleive on the front facing of a hill, there was a dirt track that ran to a farm house behind him where there was a Farm house and barn which are still there today. The road was the usual sunken road that ran from the Farm house down a hill and then there was a slight elevation change up the other side that had a blind curve to it... so the US forces would have never seen Barkmanns tank until it was too late.. speculation and unproven of course but this is what some of the sources say.. His tank would have been again positioned and easily camoflauged from Fighter cover near the oak tree grove. There again was the dirt track he would have used to traverse out of the area if needed. Anyways this is what I have from one of my books, When I get home I will try and find that exact source, but again... depending on the Author etc, it probably varries.