CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

19 hours ago, Hilts said:

Here you go Bud....

RFa5ksp.jpg

"This is John Snagge reporting for the B.B.C. I am not allowed to disclose my exact location, only to say that I am close to the Belgian-Dutch border. Before me I can see long lines of British Infantry advancing into the distance accompanied by Sherman tanks. I am also at liberty to report that I have seen dead and wounded German troops lying on the ground over which our troops advance." 

Been tinkering with some screenshots for awhile now. Decided to call the collection The Art of Combat Mission. I wanted to give them a war artist  eye witness perspective that can be used to tell a story. I used my background as a art major and photographer to give a little different look to the screenshot approach. Hope you enjoy. More will be added as I get time.

Here is the link.

http://imgur.com/a/m5Qqb

Michael

On 3/26/2017 at 3:32 PM, dragonwynn said:

Been tinkering with some screenshots for awhile now. Decided to call the collection The Art of Combat Mission. I wanted to give them a war artist  eye witness perspective that can be used to tell a story. I used my background as a art major and photographer to give a little different look to the screenshot approach. Hope you enjoy. More will be added as I get time.

Here is the link.

http://imgur.com/a/m5Qqb

Michael

Those are some seriously impressive shots! Love the atmosphere. Hoping to see a lot more pics from you now that you know how to post them!

4 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Those are some seriously impressive shots! Love the atmosphere. Hoping to see a lot more pics from you now that you know how to post them!

Thanks CaptMiller. I will probably start a new thread for these things so as not to interfer with the regular screenshots.

• 3 weeks later...

Um no...

"On May 9, 1864, Union Maj. Gen. John Sedg- wick was overseeing his troops prior to the Battle of Spotsylvania. Sedgwick became annoyed by what he considered his men’s excessive bobbing and weaving in the face of enemy fire. “They couldn’t hit an elephant at this distance,” Sedgwick grumbled to his staff. A few minutes later, a bullet crashed into Sedg- wick’s face below the left eye, simultaneously contradicting his recent statement and ending his life. Ever since, jokesters have shortened the general’s prosaic last words to the more gruesomely comic, “They couldn’t hit an ele- phant at this dist—.” Such, perhaps, is the price of fame."