CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Using a simple box camera that was sent to him by his father, Ralph Emerson captures the moment of death of an enemy soldier rushing his position in the hedgerows of France.  Fortunately for Ralph, his squad members were holding Garands instead of cameras.

2j5jvkh.jpg

iekrvb.jpg

30rvh4g.jpg

14th92.jpg

eqv11z.jpg

The war goes on...

Heinrich505

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moore sees the motion by the Lieutenant to rush across the street.  Several of the other scouts have fired at Germans across the street, using the wall for cover.  They have not shown themselves since taking significant fire.  He shrugs, figuring the LT must know what he is doing - the guy has always steered them right in the past.

Moore smacks Bucky on the shoulder and says, "Let's go."  He then starts to dash across the street, dodging around the tank traps.

71igc7.jpg

Dust kicks up around Moore's left foot.  Damn, he thinks, this street was supposed to be cleared.  Bucky yells the obvious.  "Krauts ahead!!!"

2cf43f7.jpg

Instinctively the two open up on the closest enemy.

2yx4wn5.jpg

Spent shell casings cascade from Moore's Thompson as he and Bucky hose the closest German.  The enemy seems to fall from view.

2ed1idv.jpg

Moore yells to Bucky to target the further German.  He fires his Thompson more to distract, knowing that Bucky has the scope on his rifle and will get the better shot.

They have been scouts together for quite a while now, and having survived this long they know how each other will react.

2zollaa.jpg 

Bucky has the time to aim his shot due to Moore's distraction.  He takes it.

2eg4iu9.jpg

Bucky's shot rips the German's helmet and drops him with a terrible finality.

2qmorpc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After blunting and halting a counterattack by the 1.SS  Panzer's Panther battalion, "A" Squadron of the Fifes launches out a troop to try and take the enemy remnants in the flank. Thick smoke masks Borguebus; only the church steeple rises above the dust and confusion.

mp7siXF.png

Taken from a written AAR I've slowly been working on. I can't even begin to imagine doing this mission in head to head as the Commonwealth.

On 8/21/2016 at 10:49 PM, Bud Backer said:

Nice one Rinaldi! 

The shermans in the lead as so close together it appears as if they are one tank with two guns like:

Yes, that was my first thought as well.

Whoever made Colossal Crack poured so much effort into the map and scenario. I can't stand trying to form AI plans, so I can't even begin to fathom what they went through. Hats off to them.

bJjUYSg.jpg

Perhaps I'll post a link to the final .pdf when all is said and done. 

• 1 month later...

"These Jerries aren't going to take this town! You can count on it!" 

That was the last thing Corporal Fitzgerald said to Private Lyell in their foxhole. A moment after, a 60mm mortar shell lands directly on Lyell, killing him instantly.

Corporal Fitzgerald had it better off, he was pierced by shrapnel in the chest, arm, and neck. He was transported to an aid station behind the front. From there he rejoined the 82nd Airborne in Operation Market Garden. He was with them all the way till Elsenborn when he was struck by another mortar shell on Saturday, December 16th, 1944. 

(Private Lyell on the left, Corporal Fitzgerald on the right)

Pvt. Lyell & Corporal Fitzgerald hit by 60mm mortar.jpg

Lieutenant Crawford was a well-liked man. He grew up in a small town on the southern tip of Indiana, Owensville.

His friends called him ambitious, quiet, and well rounded. He didn't really show off, but when there was a task to complete, Crawford was the man!

His Senior class consisted of 17 students. He decided to become an officer in the United States Army. He graduated college with flying colors in 1942. His specialty was Airborne, so he volunteered for the 82nd Airborne. He passed and was granted the rank of 2nd Lieutenant, and made a platoon leader.

Being a platoon leader is hard work. It takes a certain kind of person and a certain kind of will to handle the task. With that, you always need a second guy, someone you can count on. Crawford found Wilcox.

Wilcox was a hard worker and a veteran of North Africa. He was Crawfords Executive Officer, always serious but sometimes he was laid back and fun. Crawford's company, Able, was tasked to hold the town. They put numerous foxholes and barbed wire down.

Around 10 minutes into the battle, War Correspondent Jeffery Lee took the following photo. Crawford is scouting out the enemy while Wilcox surveys the situation.

Around 30 seconds later, Wilcox was struck by a marksmen's bullet into the neck. He died instantly.

Lieutenant Crawford & Sergeant Wilcox.jpg

41 minutes ago, Heinrich505 said:

Slim,

Yikes.  No wonder they named a tank after him.   :lol:

Heinrich505

Well, he did win a Distinguished Service Cross that day in reality ;).

Hey @SLIM I'm glad you're enjoying Duel in the Mist, hopefully its playing out a bit better than my earlier cracks at scenarios. I'm curious if you'd like to test out the version we're making for singleplayer, from Abram's perspective. Its for a little project being cooked up with people much more skilled than myself. PM Me if you're interested.

mT6AJAC.png

From the same scenario. Subtlety rolling terrain, coupled with a light afternoon mist that limits visibility to 500-700m, allows for a clever treadhead to move large amounts of units at a time unseen.

Edited by Rinaldi