CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Can the mods be put in the data folder on the demo version in preperation for buying the game in a wee while? 

As far as I know, yes. I downloaded the new CMBN demo in order to play it with a friend and tried loading a US Infantry skin and it worked no problem. Same procedure as with the full game. Make a Z folder in the Data folder and put the mods in there, then load the game. Worked for me

176652d.png

12 105mm HE rounds from a sherman 105. Had to call up a 75mm sherman to put it down couldn't the crew be killed from shockwave blast  or worse? Even though its an HE 105 I wouldn't think they could stay in the tank past 2 hits. Only 1 survive though.

Edited by user1000

176652d.png

12 105mm HE rounds from a sherman 105. Had to call up a 75mm sherman to put it down couldn't the crew be killed from shockwave blast  or worse? Even though its an HE 105 I wouldn't think they could stay in the tank past 2 hits. Only 1 survive though.

Your picture did not show up.

Wow now that I see this on my computer and no my phone I can see a dozen holes.  That is a lot.  Is that because the hits were penetrating the skirt but not the vehicle?

I suspect that is the case, I did a reply to a thread once showing how the armor skirts can stop a shot:

CM%20Normandy%202015-06-04%2002-39-31-57

The shot penetrated the Shurtzen but failed to penetrate the turret behind it.

On a different note (SPOILERS FOR OP LINNET II):

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/Mercenary_SPQR_CLAN/Combat Mission/OP Linnet II.png

What kind of sadist dreamed up the 'OP LINNET II' scenario? I haven't seen such a gigantic deployment task since 'To The Volga!' way back in CMBB!

With the camera zoomed out to the side like this screenshot, my liquid-cooled monster gaming rig of a PC can barely make 7 FPS!

Clearly this is some kind of torture test scenario for the secret Battlefront interrogation chambers.

^ HE is not meant to penetrate anyway, but given a large enough caliber HE hitting your tank no armor is going to stop your body from being externally or internally injured by that size of a round from the concussion alone.

Edited by user1000

^ HE is not meant to penetrate anyway, but given a large enough caliber HE hitting your tank no armor is going to stop your body from being externally or internally injured by that size of a round from the concussion alone.

The example given was 66mm Bazooka HEAT, but you're right, HE mostly doesn't penetrate.

I don't know how HE concussion is modeled, but it doesn't seem to be particularly serious. One of my StuGs hit a Sherman with 6 HE rounds (75mm L/48) in a recent PBEM to no apparent effect. Perhaps if you hit the tank with 20-30 rounds it might do something.

75mm direct target HE isn't particularly serious to the inhabitants of a closed up end-war medium tank (or they wouldn't have needed to supply solid shot/APHE rounds for anti-armour work). 105mm should be more so (though even that calibre needed HEAT to have behind-armour effects, or why would they issue 'em?), but 152mm totes enough HE to be potentially devastating. A 105mm hit from arty to the engine deck is much more significant...

Edited by womble

Hi Slim. Could you put a spoiler note on that please, or better yet put a spoiler note and obfuscate the image (for example; provide the link to the image, rather than displaying the image here. There is a lot of info in that image, which will spoil PBEMs ... and vs AI games.

Thanks

Jon

I can't seem to edit the post anymore. Sorry, I didn't think of that when making it.

I flagged the post, maybe a mod can fix it.

Edited by SLIM