CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Enemy suppressed?

-Check.

Okay, let 'er rip! House clearing -- Hanomag Hibachi style!

23112442614_e940635cbb_b.jpg

23372642889_f284d1af48_b.jpg

And there were many screams...and many men ran out the back door...

...into the fire lane of a +2 Veteran MG42 team.

And 3rd Platoon felt a little better about losing most of two teams to a mortar yet to be found.

23112443334_d78aaa5861_b.jpg

Edited by Macisle

great screenshots. Are you using any mods? I guess that you have maxed out the graphics settings. 

Thanks!

Yes, I've got a ton of mods. For the flame HT, I'm using the SdKfz 251_16 Ausf D textures from the SdKfz 251 Ausf.D mega pack for CMRT by Aris.

For settings, I'm using my usual play settings, which are everything maxed, except for Model Quality, which is on Excellent.

Lovely screenshots.

And the "George?" was hilarious. Great job :)

Thanks!

Thanks also for your current CMFB AAR. I'm very excited about it and will be an eager reader. RL is just keeping me in forum lurker mode right now as far as posting goes. Well, that is except between Bud, you, and Bil, I had a sudden screenie attack.

Good luck in your battle!

The flame halftrack's fiery tongue rains down scorching pain and death on the enemy strongpoint as a team from 3rd Platoon bounds forward cautiously.

23117030484_b62b61c61a_b.jpg

The building occupants have had enough and those who can still move make a mad dash out the rear exit.23745183435_f693bb6656_b.jpg

The retreating GIs are unaware that elements of the German 2nd Platoon have taken up positions covering the street they must cross.

23636697472_ae47cf3810_b.jpg

Klein, a crack team leader from 3rd Squad, 2nd Platoon, has his veteran MG42 team open up on them.

23662837811_686a86521c_b.jpg

A GI goes down.

23449505690_b111dc4f9d_b.jpg

Those around the fallen GI do their best to evade the stream of hot lead honing in on them.

23662830171_783dc6765a_b.jpg

Grüber's assault team from 2nd Squad, 3rd Platoon holds briefly while the halftrack finishes its attack on the building. Too many GIs are evading the MG fire from Klein's team!

23662804151_58df471733_b.jpg

The halftrack ends its attack and moves forward to engage another position up the line. Grüber shouts for his men to advance on the house.

23449454620_a842aef23f_b.jpg

They dash forward across the field.

23449439780_f69aa47cd8_b.jpg

As the flame halftrack pulls away, Grüber and his men bear down on the building, hoping for a safe and successful hunt.

23118339053_c6f8b39576_b.jpg

Enemy suppressed?

-Check.

Okay, let 'er rip! House clearing -- Hanomag Hibachi style!

23112442614_e940635cbb_b.jpg

23372642889_f284d1af48_b.jpg

And there were many screams...and many men ran out the back door...

...into the fire lane of a +2 Veteran MG42 team.

And 3rd Platoon felt a little better about losing most of two teams to a mortar yet to be found.

23112443334_d78aaa5861_b.jpg

Great stuff! Always a pleasure to see you post in this thread, your screenies never disappoint. :)

That's quite some Allied body count.... Be curious to know how many were directly flamethrower fatalities...??

I've never used one; how long (in seconds) would the flamethrower have been used against the building? Are we talking a whole turn, 30 seconds or 10 seconds?

Edited by gnarly

That's quite some Allied body count.... Be curious to know how many were directly flamethrower fatalities...??

I've never used one; how long (in seconds) would the flamethrower have been used against the building? Are we talking a whole turn, 30 seconds or 10 seconds?

Probably all of them were FT casualties. I think I had the FT firing for 60 to 90 seconds spread across 2 turns. There were perhaps 5-7 blasts on the building.

This is my first time using the FT HT. I did some testing earlier and it is extremely vulnerable to small arms fire. I don't think a single Allied bullet missed the gunners! So, I made sure to saturate the building/area with LMG fire prior to bringing in the HT. I think I had 3 LMG teams firing for 2-3 turns as prep.

Basically, I see the FT HT is a super-specialized weapon -- something only to be used when the enemy is completely suppressed and it is safe to close to the 30 meter range. So, only for a situation like the one in my pics--an isolated strongpoint--or something like flushing the enemy out of concealment terrain.

Super-cool when it works, though!

Probably all of them were FT casualties. I think I had the FT firing for 60 to 90 seconds spread across 2 turns. There were perhaps 5-7 blasts on the building.

This is my first time using the FT HT. I did some testing earlier and it is extremely vulnerable to small arms fire. I don't think a single Allied bullet missed the gunners! So, I made sure to saturate the building/area with LMG fire prior to bringing in the HT. I think I had 3 LMG teams firing for 2-3 turns as prep.

Basically, I see the FT HT is a super-specialized weapon -- something only to be used when the enemy is completely suppressed and it is safe to close to the 30 meter range. So, only for a situation like the one in my pics--an isolated strongpoint--or something like flushing the enemy out of concealment terrain.

Many thanks for the info!

Interesting info. :)

Heres a scene out of a multiplayer battle involving 30th corps drive on Arnhem. As you can see, things are going less than stellar for the British:

XxG8Pq9.jpg

I thought this was a particularly brutal screenshot. The tankers were killed and their bodies decorated the sherman. Pretty brutal. 

I don't think I've ever seen a dead crew body still on their vehicle... They always seem to fall off after they're shot!

I don't think I've ever seen a dead crew body still on their vehicle... They always seem to fall off after they're shot!

I honestly think it was some kind of glitch. Our game was having some very slight delay/desync issues that I think contributed to the bodies appearing on the tank. Not really sure on the nuts and bolts of why it happened as I can only venture a guess. 

Glitch or not I thought it was interesting (albeit a bit morbid) and decided to pass it along!