CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Bud,

Cool vignette.

It gets harder and harder to play out a turn sometimes when you can't resist taking screenshots and then posting them.  It really slows down the gameplay, haha.

Heinrich505

It hasn't been bad for the other games I'm doing, a single panel with a few frames is quick and easy because there is no continuity with other panels. But for the CAAR I'm doing with Kohlenklau it's very true what you say. He's been very patient but I've definitely had a few days pass between turns sometimes. 

Bud,

Cool vignette.

It gets harder and harder to play out a turn sometimes when you can't resist taking screenshots and then posting them.  It really slows down the gameplay, haha.

Heinrich505

When I decide to film, this happens all the time. Especially with PBEM matches, thankfully my usual opponents have the patience of Saints.

Had a fun game with a friend. I put my two tanks, both Panthers, to a lot of use. Without them I'd have lost for sure. One of them came out of the battle with the paint still factory fresh. This one on the other hand was pounded by everything up to 105mm howitzers in direct fire mode. I made a couple of graphics to show my friend the punishment this one absorbed. The in-game Hit Text was on so I saw on more than one occasion "Penetration" which always scared the heck out of me as I expected to lose the tank. I also saw more than once "Armor Spalling." I was surprised only a full penetration killed a crewman. What an interesting experience.

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

Edited by Bud_B

Some pics from my current SP QB. I've got a Battalion of Luftwaffe Fliegerhorst supported by two AG platoons trying to cut through a strong British Airborne defense on Hills-Town-Water (1120 x 736) 010 Probe.btt. The AI actually did a good setup (for the AI)!

My right flank company commander looking for a way to move forward without getting cut to ribbons.

17044217285_718c3708d6_b.jpg

On of my left flank company MG teams laying down suppression fire.

16856682740_1328328528_b.jpg

Newly-spotted members of the forward defense line on my right flank.

17018209166_1ffd3d29c7_b.jpg

A platoon leader and his team from my center company approaching the safety of a building while incoming hits their previous position.

17044216625_2e632226e0_b.jpg

My first jab forward to SMG range on the right flank is driven back with casualties. Alas, the intended prep fire lands too late and this team loses two members to Sten fire.

17044217035_d81c6d0e16_b.jpg

Whats a "Battalion of Luftwaffe Fliegerhorst" ?

A Battalion full of airbases ? :P:D

I think "Fliegerhorst" is something meant to be eaten between two slices of bread with mustard. How about a Luftwaffe Fliegerhorst Battalion, instead?  It's 4 am where I am and I'm feeling a bit dippy.

Edited by Macisle

Didn't know you could get a 50 cal. on a ground mount but just looked it up in the manual. Only seen them on vehicles in the games I've played. Looks very strange like that though. Thanks.

Yeah, it does look odd. I don't think its quite suitable for slinging on one's back!

Never noticed this before. That is a 50 cal. on his back? Bug or graphical anomaly?

I just saw your question.  As Bud said it is a M2HB .50 Cal. HMG, with a five man HMG team.  It does look a bit strange the way it is being carried. Something to do with the game mechanics / game engine I assume.     

A Video AAR of my latest PBEM. A bit of a riproarer for me. I may make a separate thread in a few day's time to discuss it, we'll see. For those who are handicapped for attention, the big booms begin around 26 minutes.

Edited by Rinaldi

Rinaldi,

Nice battle.  I particularly liked the low camera angles that put you next to the troops.

Did you dismount tanks and scout with the crews at one point?  I saw a tank crew getting back into a tank and didn't know if they'd bailed due to enemy fire or if you had ordered them out to scout ahead.

Thanks for posting.  It was a good video.

Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich. I do my best to try and mix top-down with up-close, though editing this one was a pain, I may reupload a more carefully cut version when I find the time.

Did you dismount tanks and scout with the crews at one point?  I saw a tank crew getting back into a tank and didn't know if they'd bailed due to enemy fire or if you had ordered them out to scout ahead.

While I often do this on open maps, this wasn't the case for that crew. Their tank was essentially a tractor from stummel fire, everything but the hull machinegun having been degraded or knocked out. I dismounted them in the rear so they could be an extra pair of eyes...when suddenly a handful of survivors came out of that bypassed farm.