CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Hello MajorProblem. I checked my scenario and the tank in question is a Panther A (Mid). This is a picture with no mod at all.

NoMod.jpg

This is a picture of the mod I used. It's name is Small Panzer Lehr Mod. The talented author is RommL. It is available along with all the other CM:BN vehicle mods in the mod repository. The camo pretty much looks the same to me, no tracks on the turret gives the Panther a cleaner look, I think.

Panzer_LehrMod.jpg

Hope this info helps. Mike.

Say the photo with the German AT gun.. is that a Mod for Normandy.. or the new Commonwealth? I just thought it was odd looking to see a Heer Splinter uniform next to someone wearing a 44 Dot pattern/Plane Tree/Oak pattern used only by waffen SS.

The mod looks great otherwise. Im not sure how realistic that would be. Even the Italian Camoflauge captured by the Germans were pretty much only distributed to some in the 1SS DIV. LAH, but mostly went to the new 12th SS Div. Even still it was rare to see the Italian Camouflage... but there are some good pictures of it during Normandy. In my own opinion I dont think I would mix the two together.. Heer Splinter and anything the Waffen SS used, as it was 98% distributed to only them..... or higher % im not sure. Not trying to nit pic but for authentiicity I would wait on a different Mod myself.

GhostRider3/3. The mod is from CM:BN.

Long story short. The guy in the picture wearing the SS uniform borrowed it so he could have his picture taken in it to impress his girlfriend back in Berlin. Everything was going great until the Americans began to attack. And all of a sudden it's all hands on deck. He's got no time to change, so we have this embarrassing little mix-up. Mike.

I would like to take some pictures too, but is there a way to disable the hud? I just cant find a hotkey or something for this.
You cannot hide the main interface bar (at the bottom of the screen), if that's what you mean by "hud". You can hide pretty much everything extraneous on the battlefield display, though: icons, texts, etc.

http://combatmission.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Make_Screenshots

DerDree. Download some image processing software, such as Paint.net. it's free. you can then crop the image as you see fit. Such as getting rid of the bottom of the screen.

You can also sharpen the image, adjust brightness and contrast, and endless other things.

I use Paint Shop Pro 6 and Paint.net. I have been very pleased with the results. Mike

Damn, i can't stand to look at the original gfx no more! :mad: They look like from a C64 now.

If this could somehow be implemented via textures and with fx help from the graphic cards, i think the sales could skyrocket only because of the look.

Jeez mate. Yer such a drama queen.

http://youtu.be/gGpiDpP5xTU

:o its my first attempt at a video, but with all the work with saturation and that jazz... i figured i'd show what i had as far as old timey effects :cool:

It is taken from Valley of the Shadow, so if you're currently engaged in this battle yourself, or plan to be, do not watch this video... even though it may seem hard to see whats going on from the allied side :D

The tactical problem I faced was that the Sherman had retreated through a gate and so to approach it I had to drive in such a way as to expose myself to the gate before rotating to face - thus exposing my side-armour to a waiting Sherman gun. I have from experience noted that although a Sherman has almost no chance to penetrate a Panther frontally, it can be quite successful from the side - even on the turret.

I moved the Panther in focus along a dry creek bed to keep it concealed. Even if it was visible, it would only be exposing the top of its turrent to the enemy - both the strongest part of the tank, and a smaller target to hit.

I was able to drive down it to line up with the gate, then rotate to present the front armour and use a "slow" command to creep up the embankment to get the shot. Even if the Sherman had have got the first shot - entirely possible since it was stationary and waiting for me - it would have had a very hard time (if not impossible) to penetrate my Panther.

It was a bonus that he exposed himself to the second Panther and received 3 shots to his 1.

The tactical problem I faced was that the Sherman had retreated through a gate and so to approach it I had to drive in such a way as to expose myself to the gate before rotating to face - thus exposing my side-armour to a waiting Sherman gun. I have from experience noted that although a Sherman has almost no chance to penetrate a Panther frontally, it can be quite successful from the side - even on the turret.

I moved the Panther in focus along a dry creek bed to keep it concealed. Even if it was visible, it would only be exposing the top of its turrent to the enemy - both the strongest part of the tank, and a smaller target to hit.

I was able to drive down it to line up with the gate, then rotate to present the front armour and use a "slow" command to creep up the embankment to get the shot. Even if the Sherman had have got the first shot - entirely possible since it was stationary and waiting for me - it would have had a very hard time (if not impossible) to penetrate my Panther.

It was a bonus that he exposed himself to the second Panther and received 3 shots to his 1.

Try as I might, I couldn't find the Sherman or the Panthers......