CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

The at high speed and using folds in the ground the SPW drove to the outskirts of the village and cleared this. Once this was done they loaded up then again drove at full speed to the other end of the strung out village. This where it went a bit wrong. You can see the left hand front SPW has a puff of smoke - a hidden 6pdr opened up at close range.

xcdc.jpg

Bit late though. It's next shot took out the SPW killing a few of the crew, the rest bailed and made a run for it. This caused some consternation amongst the following SPW who hurriedly debussed straight into a short sharp firefight. The SPW hosed down the defenders with their MGs and 20mm cannon, which helped keep the defenders heads down.

hpxi.jpg

REALLY good, inspiring, stuff, George, Umlaut, Tashtego, Ez, Kenzie...this thread has gotten really good over the last few pages.

@George, I love when players do these little vignette pictorials (Sburke is fond of making them too)...they get me really fired up for the game. The story telling aspects of CM puts it in a class by itself. It's been that way since CMBO but CMX2 takes it to a whole nuther stratosphere! Great, great stuff! I can't wait until you get your hands on Bagration.

Mord.

Shot was taken at the US Army's new historical vehicle restoration facility at FT Benning, GA. Their collection combines the assets from the old Ordnance museum at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD and the Patton Museum from FT Knox, KY. There is not yet a new Armor Museum (google it and contribute - they need your $$!) but they have a very capable motorpool facility and a fair amount of covered storage. I didn't count but would say they have in excess of 200 vehicles there ranging from WWI tanks (4 or 5 in reasonable condition) through newer items like Abrams SN 001 and M60 SN 007. Many famous experimental vehicles are there as well like the T-28, MBT-70 and M-8 AGS. Many also show extensive battle damage, like the Jagdtiger which used to be housed at Aberdeen. Currently the facility is working on extensive restoration of a Tiger I and have about 20 exhibits specifically intended to let new Armor and Infantry LT's and SGTs attending school at FT Benning to crawl all over/in/through to gain appreciation for the evolution of AFV capabilities and fighting realities. They even have "Cobra King" the Sherman Jumbo from 4AD that was first tank into Bastogne. A great trip and fantastic facility. I hope that others can some day share in it.

Very nice composition, Tashtego. But those trees look kinda weird to me...the main branches are very angular. I assume that's not the stock artwork? What tree mod are you using?

Now that you mention it, they do look weird. Really weird. I don't really remember what tree mod I'm using. I gotta check this out. Thanks for the heads up, Panzer.