CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Human wave attacks are fun! :D

Too bad you can't order your men to charge with fixed bayonets, especially with the Italians, since they remind me of a late WWI era army anyway.

I actually wasn't playing seriously in a couple of those shots, and was just screwing around trying to get a bunch of infantry and tanks together in one picture. Normally I play pretty carefully. I just thought it looked cool, and it's also hard to get a sense of scale with the vehicles in this game without men running alongside them. Look at how god damned big that Panther tank is compared to the R-35.

British and Commonwealth army units wore insignia on both upper arms

Illustrated in the screenshot is Regimental, Divisional and Brigade insignia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/49th_%28West_Riding%29_Infantry_Division

Thanks. Odd that I had not previously learned about the patches worn on both shoulders. One of those things that is so commonly known that nobody thinks to mention it, I suppose.

Michael

Wikipedia gives us this gem:

"The Bersaglieri... have always been a high-mobility light infantry unit, and can still be recognized by the distinctive wide brimmed hat that they wear (only in dress uniform in modern times), decorated with black capercaillie feathers. The feathers are usually applied to their combat helmets. Another distinctive trait of the Bersaglieri is the fast jog pace they keep on parades, instead of marching."

I suppose the terms "high-mobility" and "jog" are euphemisms for "Run away!"

I suppose the terms "high-mobility" and "jog" are euphemisms for "Run away!"

Now, now, be nice. The Italians are on our side...for the moment. (Rick Atkinson came up with this quote for his book on the Italian campaign: "The only time the house of Savoy finishes a war on the same side that they start on is if it lasts long enough for them to turn their coats twice." :D :D )

Michael