CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Tashtego,

I flat out blew it. Hugely! What I thought was great period footage of PaK 40 fire turns out to be re-enactors with very expensive toys. The giveaway? Far right in frame and briefly, spectators in shorts, albeit visible from mid thigh down. Arrghh!

Regards,

John Kettler

That's what I thought. It's like you were reading my mind. Good to have you back, John.

Tashtego,

I flat out blew it. Hugely! What I thought was great period footage of PaK 40 fire turns out to be re-enactors with very expensive toys. The giveaway? Far right in frame and briefly, spectators in shorts, albeit visible from mid thigh down. Arrghh!

Regards,

John Kettler

John surely the quality of the vid made it obvious it was re-enactors mate..

Disappointed in your analytical prowess there considering the amount of stuff you must watch on the net.

Tashtego,

Thanks!

Wodin,

The crystal clear, recently found, color Stevens(?) footage from Normandy would seem fake, too, if all you'd ever seen was the other stuff. Single-minded focus on a particular task can and sometimes does result in losing overall situational awareness. That's exactly what happened to me, when I jumped, likely in the wee hours, on what I thought was the evidence I sought. As I said, I blew it.

Regards,

John Kettler

Yes but the quality of WW2 footage hasn't..nor will it. Massive difference between equipment used in WW2 and what the Syrian rebels are using for instance...a cheap mobile phone is better quality.

As soon as that footage of the PAK started it seemed obvious instantly it was modern footage using modern equipment. With your background in investigating video footage for authenticity I'd have though you'd have been more on the ball.

Yes but the quality of WW2 footage hasn't..nor will it. Massive difference between equipment used in WW2 and what the Syrian rebels are using for instance...a cheap mobile phone is better quality.

As soon as that footage of the PAK started it seemed obvious instantly it was modern footage using modern equipment. With your background in investigating video footage for authenticity I'd have though you'd have been more on the ball.

LMFAO! My oh my Wodin. :)

Tashtego,

Regards,

John Kettler

There is a lot more than just that one spectator giving it away. There is an entire wall of spectators standing at a right angle to the German line of defense on the far side of the field. You can also hear a loudspeaker announcer giving the blow by blow to the audience. Then there is the yellow caution tape strung between the trees along the river bank as the 'Soviet' tank comes rolling into view. There is also no recoil for the AT gun of course. :)

Dunno how you can joke about it.

I'm still shocked.

I've seen a lot of strange & crazy stuff but real killing as it happens (the FUBAR T-72 with its blown out commander running away) is new to me.

Crazy new world.

For the record, what makes it funny is that it is staged...NOT REAL.

MHIL1_zps64eb053f.jpg

MHIL2_zps1b25b53c.jpg

MHIL3_zpsd40d989f.jpg

From "CW My Honor is Loyalty". Me vs. the AI. Pretty cool scenario, but the AI isn't very smart in this one. It essentially shoved Sherman after Sherman through a bottleneck which my Panthers had in sight from two sides until it ran out of more tanks. It also bunched up lots of infantry in very very dense "formation".

The greatest tank killer of the day:

MHIL4_zpsb85ef397.jpg

My first PBEM.

I got seriously beaten up for 20 Minutes, when this little story occured.

Previuos turn:

My Marder spotted a Firefly. Shot twice at him hitting nothing. Instead the Firefly traversed his gun in the direction of the Marder.

One day of waiting for the outcome and coursing the incompetent crew followed. :eek:

CMNormandyOnline001_zpsca142a0c.jpg

My Marder shot again and hit. Didn't seem to hurt the Sherman too much, though.

CMNormandyOnline004_zps6a4745b7.jpg

It shoots again. Note the not-so-well Soldiers in the line of fire.

CMNormandyOnline002_zpsc93ebdfb.jpg

KABOOOOM! "Wow!" methinks. :D

continue...

...continue

A Cromwell appears just seconds later. I think: "Oh crap, that's it." But a second Marder on a hill to the left spots, shoots and hits.

CMNormandyOnline003_zps73a1852b.jpg

The first Marder spots and shoots...

CMNormandyOnline005_zpsa36dd8d3.jpg

...and dispatches the Cromwell with a second hit! :D:D:D

Back in the Game!

That were 30 seconds of pure thrill - I love this game...

Cheers

Olf