Flying things vs metal things

I have noted an extreme reluctance of strafe only planes to attack tanks, which makes perfect sense. However, does anyone know if this reluctance applies to open-topped vehicles as well? How good are strafers at finding and killing such vehicles. Thanks.

PS: Shane I swear this has nothing to do with our game where you have like 12 Marders and I have air support.

PS: Shane I swear this has nothing to do with our game where you have like 12 Marders and I have air support.

Rofl, na, didn't think so. :-)

Tigrii has a very valid point. Planes are targeting teams of 5 soldiers hiding in bocage+tall grass instead of shooting at my (many) open topped Marder IIIs sitting in VERY open ground in full view. Planes need work on target choice. Planes should also come in at steeper angles when targeting AFVs. This way they would have a much better chance at a penetration vs the ~40 degree dives we currently see.

A dozen Marders parked in a field? Are you holding one of those car-club-rally things where everyone brings their overly-loved MG/Jag/Mini/etc and then sit around all day sitting on camping chairs, eating cucumber sandwiches and discussing the weather?

75mm guns and strafing sounds like a good addition.

Maybe it because the AI 'knows' that MG's can't knock out an AFV - and isn't taking into account exposed crew?

Rofl, na, didn't think so. :-)

Tigrii has a very valid point. Planes are targeting teams of 5 soldiers hiding in bocage+tall grass instead of shooting at my (many) open topped Marder IIIs sitting in VERY open ground in full view. Planes need work on target choice. Planes should also come in at steeper angles when targeting AFVs. This way they would have a much better chance at a penetration vs the ~40 degree dives we currently see.

It's pretty much impossible for an aircraft to come in at a steeper angle so low over ground. These things pick up speed very quickly and the pilot would be unable to pull out in time.

A dozen Marders parked in a field? Are you holding one of those car-club-rally things where everyone brings their overly-loved MG/Jag/Mini/etc and then sit around all day sitting on camping chairs, eating cucumber sandwiches and discussing the weather?

75mm guns and strafing sounds like a good addition.

Maybe it because the AI 'knows' that MG's can't knock out an AFV - and isn't taking into account exposed crew?

There are not a dozen Marders or even 8. I can't say real number because the match is ongoing, although Tigrii probably has a good guess.

I was thinking the same thing about AI not recognizing the Marders as vulnerable targets and just another nearly impervious armored thing.

In testing I have done, the .50 cal can penetrate the Marder upper superstructure pretty well so even lower angle fire would be effective.