Mounting / Dismounting . . . vehicles.

Just a quick question about mounting & dismounting vehicles, as well as giving unit orders.

I've noticed that if I put a HMG crew in an unoccupied jeep, then order them to move to a location, I can't seem to get them to dismount once they've arrived at that location. I have to wait for the turn to end, then give them the dismount command. Then I have to wait for that turn to end before I can give them a move/deploy order. This is a problem when I need those guys ASAP.

I've also noticed that if I have a crew in a jeep, I can't direct them to drive to a location, get out and then deploy the weapon. I have to drive them there, dismount, wait for the turn to end, then order them to deploy.

Am I missing something, or doing something wrong? I realize that if I played real-time this might not be a problem but . . . I'm old school. I prefer turn-based.

I've noticed that if I put a HMG crew in an unoccupied jeep, then order them to move to a location, I can't seem to get them to dismount once they've arrived at that location. I have to wait for the turn to end, then give them the dismount command.

You shouldn't be using the Dismount command. Just give them a Move order to the AS you want them to end up. They'll get out as soon as the jeep stops.

Michael

You can't mount and dismount unoccupied vehicle in the same turn. Same applies to mounting and dismounting a vehicle that has a crew already.

It's worse than that. You can't mount and vehicle-move or vehicle-move and dismount in the same turn. It's not the same as a vehicle that has crew already.

It's a game engine limitation. I've not looked, but I'd be surprised if the "Deploy" order is available at the destination waypoint given that 'crew' can't deploy anything.

It's worse than that. You can't mount and vehicle-move or vehicle-move and dismount in the same turn. It's not the same as a vehicle that has crew already.

It's a game engine limitation. I've not looked, but I'd be surprised if the "Deploy" order is available at the destination waypoint given that 'crew' can't deploy anything.

This should be changed.