• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mathias

In the Global forum SeaMonkey has posted, as he's willing to email the campaigns over to you. He just needs your email address.

I did mean the Repository, but I can't see either campaign in the WWI one, so it's probably best if SeaMonkey sends them over to you.

But here's a link to the Repository with all the uploaded mods:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314

hi bill, i have simply copied the both campaign files (the yellow folder and the cgn file) from gold to scww1 (campaigns folder). now i have a global map in scww1 (i use the 1939 world at war map), the ww2 units were converted into ww1 units.

was that the right way, to add a global map to scww1?

Hi Mathias, I'm not sure that it will work that easily, but testing it out will soon let you know. I would suggest opening the campaign in the editor to check whether it a) opens ok and B) that everything looks as expected.

If it does open up ok in the editor, make sure that the tick box for WWII campaigns is unticked. This can be found under Campaign -> Edit Campaign Data.

If it doesn't work ok, then exporting the data from the campaign within the Gold game, and importing the data into a new WWI map of the same size will be the solution.

Size isn't a problem, but it's because different country slots were used to design each map.

The solution is to make a new localization.txt file within the campaign's folder, where you can rename the countries to suit. For example:

#ARABIA= Finland

The name on the right being the one you want it to be.

Open up your new campaign's Campaign.ini file and put these settings in place:

#CUSTOM_BITMAPS= 1

#CUSTOM_INTERFACE= 1

#CUSTOM_SOUND= 0

#CUSTOM_LOCALIZATION= 1

You will also need to copy over all the Flag related image files from Gold, to place in your new campaign's own Bitmap and Interface folders. Otherwise Finland will still fly the Arabian flag!

ok thanks...i'm so happy, that i have now a global map for ww1 :-)

to add new ww1 scripts and events is too difficult, right?

i now change the borders/countries/colonies to ww1 era and the paratroops and rocket=airship problem is not editable?

Hi Mathias

The rocket = airship problem can be solved by:

1) Ensuring that in the editor the "WWII campaign" tickbox is unticked.

2) In the localization.txt file for the campaign, it isn't only the place for changing the country names, but lots of other names too. I would empty out everything from it that you imported, as the default WWI names for units will be fine in most cases.

3) Don't use any modified graphics, because the standard WWI images should be fine, and show an Airship.

I hope this makes sense.

Bill

what is a quick solution for the min. production date? i have changed the time to 1914 - 1918, must i now change the production date for all units manually????

Are these production dates from units imported from the WWII campaign?

If so, remove all those units from the production queue.

Once you've got all the countries sorted out and in the right place, then I would suggest to start adding units once you've decided on the scale (Armies and Corps I presume?).

hi bill, in the purchase units menu all units are not to purchase before 1939 or 1940 (arty) or 1944 (rockets/airships)...no quick solution possible?

Hi Mathias

If you open the campaign and go to Campaign -> Edit Country Data -> Unit Build Data -> Advanced

Here you'll be able to change the Minimum Production Date to be whatever you want it to be (i.e. sometime in 1914 rather than 1940).

While you're doing this, you can set the same thing for Tanks to be 1st January 1916.

and e.g. spanish morocco must have a capital/must add, de-activation not possible?

after some map changes with the country areas, a failure message with file.dat errors come and after clicking ok, the editor finished...

All countries represented on the map need a capital, but you can solve this by either:

• transferring the tiles belonging to Spanish Morocco to another country.
  • Adding a capital to Spanish Morocco.

You may find it easiest to temporarily transfer ownership of some tiles to countries that are already correct, and then transfer them later to the correct countries as you realign all the countries in accordance with Europe in 1914.

I'm not too sure about the crashing message, but hopefully sorting out the countries may fix that.

hi bill, no crashes again :)

but i must all units of all countries manually change because off the min. prod. date :( no faster way? can hubert make a patch with a "one-click-button" to convert all ww2 prod. dates to 1914 for example and a txt.ini file for the right ww1 countries on a global map in the ww2 borders?

new problem: i can't use the area of allied countries (e.g. germany>austria-hungary territory), what must i do?

and how i can hear the anthem of austria-hungary again (click on the capital)? i think the reason is, that i must made a-h new on the map...

hi bill, no crashes again :)

but i must all units of all countries manually change because off the min. prod. date :( no faster way? can hubert make a patch with a "one-click-button" to convert all ww2 prod. dates to 1914 for example and a txt.ini file for the right ww1 countries on a global map in the ww2 borders?

Hi Matthias

It is possible that clicking on Restore Defaults when in the Edit Unit Build Data might work in fixing this for you, but I would try it out first on a copy of your campaign.

In fact, given the work you've done so far, I would strongly recommend making a copy of your campaign just in case.

new problem: i can't use the area of allied countries (e.g. germany>austria-hungary territory), what must i do?

and how i can hear the anthem of austria-hungary again (click on the capital)? i think the reason is, that i must made a-h new on the map...

I'm not sure that I understand the first problem, can you explain it in a bit more detail please?

As to the national anthems, the anthem will be set to country number 7 in the WWI engine, so if Austria-Hungary occupies that slot then I think it should work. Please can you confirm which country number you are using for Austria-Hungary?

hi bill, as allies you can move units through all allied and occupied countries, e.g. a railgun can drive from berlin to the austrian-russian border or austrian-serbian border. but that is not possible in my new global map. no unit can do that now, very bad....so i can't deploy german units in a-h or bulgaria...

where i find the country number? the a-h area was after the conversion from ww2 to ww1 spanish morocco, i had made a-h new there, therefore no anthem and no "pass through"? the same is with austrian units, they can't move into germany.