Axis & Allies

It is possible to swap between players in PBEM by using a sort of workaround. When the Axis side (for ex.) finishes its turn and sends it to the Allies, the first Allied player loads it as a hotseat game, and once he is done he can save it (in hotseat) and send it to one of his Allies, who does the same. The last player for the Allies then loads it as a PBEM game; once he is ready to wrap the turn, he hits the end turn button, it is saved as PBEM, and he can send it back to the Axis. I believe the original passwords are still locked into the code, even if you have saved it as hotseat. I got this to work when I tested it (2 or so iterations ago), so anybody can confirm that it still works with the WWI engine if they wish. I've always wanted to do a 6-8 player mega-game using one of the monster WWII campaigns.

Edit: found the old thread: note the exact instructions given (since you need to be aware of what folder it is in apparently).

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=91324

It is possible to swap between players in PBEM by using a sort of workaround. When the Axis side (for ex.) finishes its turn and sends it to the Allies, the first Allied player loads it as a hotseat game, and once he is done he can save it (in hotseat) and send it to one of his Allies, who does the same. The last player for the Allies then loads it as a PBEM game; once he is ready to wrap the turn, he hits the end turn button, it is saved as PBEM, and he can send it back to the Axis. I believe the original passwords are still locked into the code, even if you have saved it as hotseat. I got this to work when I tested it (2 or so iterations ago), so anybody can confirm that it still works with the WWI engine if they wish. I've always wanted to do a 6-8 player mega-game using one of the monster WWII campaigns.

Edit: found the old thread: note the exact instructions given (since you need to be aware of what folder it is in apparently).

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=91324

Johnny, another interesting game would be everybody (both sides, Axis & Allies) play their turn, then a computer program plays it out like real time.

Occupy Battlefront,

-Legend

Yes Rambo. This game is way to long and I still have a hard time figuring out what to do with japan.

Being the allies I know what to do with Japan. I played three games and all three times I set up for an early invasion of Japan and took em out.

If there was only a auto play for any country people did not want to play with.

This game is too big. I miss more moves than ever. I would love it if the computer could take over Japan on any given turn.

Yes Rambo. This game is way to long and I still have a hard time figuring out what to do with japan.

Being the allies I know what to do with Japan. I played three games and all three times I set up for an early invasion of Japan and took em out.

If there was only a auto play for any country people did not want to play with.

This game is too big. I miss more moves than ever. I would love it if the computer could take over Japan on any given turn.

Let me give you a hint: Rising Sun, Toro Toro Toro.

You can. Just load units to each other. There is no point that if in North Africa there are 6 italian units and 2 german units and you have to swap to move 2 units. Just say "ok you control those and Ill control the Italians in Russia" and tada you can swap the game as you like via PBEM