Single Status Update
Installed Reshade 4.7.0. Set your presets and nothing happened. Can you specify in detail the parameters for installing Reshade?
Version Of Reshade?
Which DirectX should I choose when installing Reshade?
How do I configure Reshade?
How do I create and save presets?
Use OpenGl NOT DirectX!
As per a fairly recent post, I too have recently upgraded to Reshade 4.7.0 & it screwed up my profiles.
Basically every video before Prophet & the Mountain used an earlier version of Reshade (3.4 IIRC), the ones made after are, at the moment, usually selected one by one for each video.
However, as per that earlier post, I don't use many effects these days... SMAA, a high threshold Bloom (usually pirate), Clarity or a basic multi-LUT is all I use.
Barbaricos movie mode shaders (alt+M) are, by far, the biggest "visual effect" that I use.
There are loads of tutorials on how to use Reshade but @Aquila-SmartWargames did a recent CM focused video on his profiles (see video description)...
The Aquilla video doesn't have the key information to be a tutorial. What version did You have before, before 4.7.0? I realized that when installing, use OpenGL. Do I need any additional programs? Do I need to configure Reshade? I've seen a lot of talk about Reshade? But not a single tutorial that would tell you what and in what order to install, and how to configure?
ReShade can be a bit awkward to get going.
Herr Tom did a tutorial some time ago which is still useful:
Also take a look at Mord’s primer:
They will get you started. Here are some tips I passed on as well:
Take a look at:
• ReShade does slow things down a bit so expect to see your frame-rate drop, depending on the effects you use. Things that effect depth, focus and lighting tend to slow stuff down the most, simple colour effects have less of an impact.
• CM are OpenGL games so you install ReShade for that NOT DirectX
• When you first launch ReShade you might see your screen go into some weird colours - toggle ReShade off when not using it to stop it affecting selection menus, the editor etc, just use it when actually configuring it in-game and when playing or looking at the 3D map if editing a map.
• When you first launch ReShade to configure the effects you may see your screen image spin like crazy. To stop this you need to switch ReShade off and open a scenario and set Screen Edge Movement to Off (alt-E). This stops the spinning when the ReShade config dialogue is open.
• The order in which effects are applied makes a difference. A good thread to help understand this is:
especially the last comment from Jas01
• Don't try to do too much at once, try an effect, if you like it make a note then try another. Once you see what effects can do then try combining some and so on. It's easy to make a mess of things, but remembering what you did and why is harder. Baby steps first, and try out some presets from other users to see what they are doing. If you don't like it you can always start again, nothing gets broken in the game itself.
• Remember, ReShade doesn’t break anything as such. If an effect doesn’t work or stops your game from working don’t panic just uninstall or switch off the effect and move on.
Hope this helps to some extent.