(1) A larrikin is not overly concerned with the opinion of other people IF they make no sense;
(2) A larrikin is not socially intimidated into modifying behaviour and structuring it around overly rigid and illogical social norms;
(3) Larrikins are not at all fazed by authorities of all kinds, including whatever power or authority they may possess themselves;
(4) Larrikins do not not take themselves too seriously. Hence, larrikins indulgence into self-deprecriating humour.
(5) Larrikinism is the name originally given to Australian folk with a tradition of irreverence, mockery of authority and disregard for rigid norms of propriety.