Crash to desktop

I recently purchased (via Gamersgate) TOW 2 as a package including the original TOW, plus Kursk, Caen, etc. Everything else downloaded, installed and worked perfectly -- except Africa 1943. It installed, and loads -- but whatever is selected (tutorial, campaign) it just dumps back to the desktop.

I've re-installed, and added the 1.3 patch -- but no different result. Any suggestions?

Thanks

That's strange since TOW 2 Africa 1943 and TOW 2 Kursk 1943 are very similar. What Windows version are you running ? If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you may want to try launching the game by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. This is typically necessary if the game is installed into a 'protected' directory such as '\Program Files', etc. and the game will need rights to write in that directory (game/campaign saves, profiles, etc.). However I assume that TOW 2 Africa 1943 should have installed into a similar directory that TOW 2 Kursk 1943 would have installed to.

Perhaps reinstalling TOW 2 Africa 1943 to a custom directory and see if it behaves any differently.

You may want to contact Gamersgate support and see if they have run into this issue or not.