• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, color me curious, but who plays which side in each game? Presumably these are not mirror games because there's no way that'd be even remotely doable in a month, let alone a Christmas month.

You should assign those ASAP to prevent delay, or is it just "he who does his turn first goes first"?

These are mirror matches but don't worry - we have more than one month to finish the first phase. You won't need more than 20 min to play both sides of one match. I prefer it to take longer than to lose due to the bad luck because I got Germans in Race To The Sea;)

Turns sent to Isnogud, Glabro, Sharkman and Omegaman. Good luck to you all.

I must agree with previous posts that one month doesn't look like enough time to finish all games, that would mean doing at least one turn a day and it may not be possible depending not only with real life matters but with different time zones. To me it suits me better different time zones.

Rafael

Hello All

Game against Happycat under way. First turns sent yesterday to Kommandant, Daniloff and John Moore. No turns as of yet but have received an ack from John. Assume there was a typo in Daniloff's email address, if you didn't receive my turn Brent, can you let me know.

Yours in the mud and blood.

Pacestick

All turns sent. So far I got a feedback from Ludi and Mancspartan ( who couldn't read my file and probably will need to upgrade his game to 1.03 ). I haven't heard anything from Shaun and Kuderian, so if you read this guys, could you please confirm that you have received my e-mails?

And be proud to form a part of the Somme League!

All turns sent. So far I got a feedback from Ludi and Mancspartan ( who couldn't read my file and probably will need to upgrade his game to 1.03 ).

And be proud to form a part of the Somme League!

Ive installed the hotfix, now on version 1.03.1, and can now view your move - Kommandant was right, you are a machine :). I will make my move and send back later today.

I have Ludi`s as well, and again will respond later today.

Cheers

Help!

Ive received Ivanovs file, taken my turn, hit "End Turn", but it wont let me edit the save game file name.

Cheers

Rob

Gosh...

Can't help you in this...

GODS OF WAR I CALL YOUR AID!!!1

[thunder sound]

LET YOUR WILL AND WISDOM HELP OUR FELLOW PLAYER.... MANSPARTAN!!!1

[another thunder sound]

hehe :D

PS: if you need you can reload the game and remake your turn so you can save it properly. this is a situation that reloading IS acceptable. :cool:

Mancspartan, you can save the file with any name and later you can change its name in Windows explorer.

Looks like everyone is extremely excited with the tournament. Come on guys, it's only computer game, isn't it?

Of couse not!! :mad:

It's a question of life and death, a road guiding to safety or to ruin!!!1

Victory or death, win or see your armies nad nation fall in the face of the horrors of war!!!

well, at least i want the players to fell this way, make everything much much more fun!! :P :cool:

Looks like everyone is extremely excited with the tournament. Come on guys, it's only computer game, isn't it?

I am not so sure if your can get an sleep during the night given your SC2 record;) This thing is serious :eek:

Hello All

The scoring system needs looking at. Awarding points for a stalemate is fine for a battle played to its conclusion which redults in a draw. Awarding points for a game which isn't finished in the allowed time frame encourages the possibility of rule manipulation. eg

In my game against Kommandant(which hasn't started yet) I am heading for a major defeat and likely to be awarded no points. I simple stop sending turns until the sixty days has elapsed forcing a stalemate and get two points instead.

What is to stop me, or in fact any other player employing such a not in the spirit of the game tactic?

Food for thought

Hello All

The scoring system needs looking at. Awarding points for a stalemate is fine for a battle played to its conclusion which redults in a draw. Awarding points for a game which isn't finished in the allowed time frame encourages the possibility of rule manipulation. eg

In my game against Kommandant(which hasn't started yet) I am heading for a major defeat and likely to be awarded no points. I simple stop sending turns until the sixty days has elapsed forcing a stalemate and get two points instead.

What is to stop me, or in fact any other player employing such a not in the spirit of the game tactic?

Food for thought

We will be voting an new scoring system. Just wait for an e-mail regarding this.

No, you only get Stalemate points for finished games. Games that are not finished by the allowed time will be judged. But the idea is not to have any unfinished games.

Although I'm not so sure, as a loooong thinker I've done nothing but play SC when I wanted to do other stuff too (like FINALLY start Skyrim), alas, my appeal to abandon the mirror matches that aren't really required because we have a scoring system (the only hijinx was having 3 scenarios instead of 2 where everyone plays each side once against a random opponent) was too late.

No, you only get Stalemate points for finished games. Games that are not finished by the allowed time will be judged. But the idea is not to have any unfinished games.

Although I'm not so sure, as a loooong thinker I've done nothing but play SC when I wanted to do other stuff too (like FINALLY start Skyrim), alas, my appeal to abandon the mirror matches that aren't really required because we have a scoring system (the only hijinx was having 3 scenarios instead of 2 where everyone plays each side once against a random opponent) was too late.

How do you know this? the rules I read said games not completed would be considered a stalemate. Here is the direct quote from the email sent"

All players have 30 days, counting from the day 01/12/2011 to finish the games they must do. If the player fails to finish the games in 30 days, the match will be counted as a stalemate!

The rule has since been ammended to read 60 days but no mention that games are now going to be judged.

I have completed all four of my game turns and sent them out.

I did this ten minutes after the tourney started. I have only receive one reply.

If you have not received an E-mail with your game turn from Waltero plz E-mail me

Only my opponent need reply.

How do you know this? the rules I read said games not completed would be considered a stalemate. Here is the direct quote from the email sent"

All players have 30 days, counting from the day 01/12/2011 to finish the games they must do. If the player fails to finish the games in 30 days, the match will be counted as a stalemate!

The rule has since been ammended to read 60 days but no mention that games are now going to be judged.

That was written before I made the point system. Please don't try to create a problem where there is none.