Hi

The tournament has now begun, with 40 players in 8 leagues!

The preliminary rounds are being fought using the 1914 Race to the Sea; 1915 Gallipoli and 1918 Kaiserschlacht campaigns.

Subsequent rounds will be played using the larger campaigns, with the semi-finals using 1917 Fate of Nations, and 1914 Call to Arms in the final.

A big thank you goes to Lucas, aka the Kommandant, who is organizing the tournament.

Good luck all, and let's have some fun! :D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

Any news about the tournament? Kommandant - have you got the list of players yet?

To be honest I have never seriously tried any of the mini campaigns that will be featured in this tournament, but recently we have been battletesting with Ghost Of War the "Race to the Sea" and I have some comments in regards. I know, that in the initial phase of the tournament we will be playing mirror games, so the balance of the scenario is not so important. I think however, that it would be worth implementing, some optional tournament rules for this campaingn. Basically from the very start Entente has a very significant numerical adventage over the Germans: 36 units agains 24 which gives them 1.5 numerical superiority in a situation when the Germans are the attacking side. Of course the 9 Belgian units are half strenght, but from the other hand the British have their experience on the level 2, which gives them a tactical edge over the Germans ( which is correct historically ). During the game both sides receive reinforcements, but the Entente still maintains superiority: 52 units against 39 which is like 1:3.

From what I know and how I was always imagining this dramatic battle, it were few elite British units figting dramatic defensive battles, against numerically superior German divisions. In the game however, the Entente player can throw all the units against Germnans and crush them in the early stages of the battle ( especially the Beseler's corps in the North ). That result would be quite unrealistic and basically the main objective of the German player in this scenario is to survive on the battlefield instead of capturing the Channel Ports - which is virtually impossible. My suggestion in order to improve the balance, would be implementing a special rule, that would prohibit the Entente player moving the French 87th, 89 territorial and 38th, 42nd division to Belgium. If the divisions were territorial, they should stay in France. Also sending those units to Belgium usually decisively switches the balance of the early battles around Nieuport or Ypres. If the divisions stay in their country, then the Belgians and British are forced to a defence and the subsequent battle would resemble more history. Of course that would be an optional rule and players would need to agree on it before the game starts.

I think I have also found a mistake in this scenario. On 22nd,24th and 26th of October the French IX, XX, XVI corps are deployed to Flandres ( 11th, 17th, 18th, 26th, 31th, 39th,43rd divisions ). The problem is that the units appear as... British. And no HQ deploys with them.

Has anybody and suggestions regarding other tournament mini campaigns?

The last thing that I'd like to introduce, is an idea a Gentleman's Agreement before the game between the players. We are all aware of the flaws of the current supply model. We also know, that it may lead to some gamey tactics. So my proposition is, that the players taking part in this tournament, may agree not to abuse the system and not implement such a tactics during the competition ( for example sending a corps to an undefended city, behind the enemy lines, without a HQ support, just because is is so hard to disloge such a unit and it never runs out of the supply ). I hope that all the Gentlemen from this forum understand what I'm talking about and would agree with me;)

Hi guys!

am looking forward to this tournament and hope that it will soon go now ....:-)

Since we do mirror games, I do not find it so important to change scenarios with the rules as they are balanced. Too many rules will only lead to confusion. Of course it's a shame if the Germans in the scenario you mentioned probably have no chance but what the heck. Then it all depends on who defeated the Germans in faster. In addition, this course would be played only once ....:-)

People, i have spoken to the lords of SC... i mean, Bill101, and something will come up the next days about this tournament, so the deadline has changed. At the present moment we have no especific deadline for the tournament, but soon we will have.

We have lots of players now that have signed the form, but soon more will come, so we just need to wait for news that will come from Bill101.

About the mini campaing, we will use the standard ones, no changes, we are doing mirror games, and playing 3 different games in 3 different maps so stalemates will be rare in the tournament. I have taken for account the possibility for a stalemante and if it happens, I, as the only judge so far, will anylise the games and see who did better in all of them and choose the winner.

I think I have also found a mistake in this scenario [Race to the Sea]. On 22nd,24th and 26th of October the French IX, XX, XVI corps are deployed to Flandres ( 11th, 17th, 18th, 26th, 31th, 39th,43rd divisions ). The problem is that the units appear as... British. And no HQ deploys with them.

Bill, could you have a look at that?

Guys, there is now a new form, every one who have signed the old form must sign the NEW form, the link is in the first Bill101 post in this thread or you can access it in here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDJXLV9YMnQ3NV9TQklRT0pGTDNjOFE6MQ

Also, i hope every one has seen, but now we have a prize for the winner, a free copy of the SC: Global Confict GOLD. So join the tournament if you want some fun or if you want a free copy of the newest SC game. I wish luck to every one and don't forget to sign the NEW form. :cool:

Hi,

when it is finally happening for now? We are still working on a patch or what is the exact reason for the delay? Or have I missed and what the tournament has been running ????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My final game against Minty is nearing the end .... is the time it goes off.;)

Hi,

when it is finally happening for now? We are still working on a patch or what is the exact reason for the delay? Or have I missed and what the tournament has been running ????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My final game against Minty is nearing the end .... is the time it goes off.;)

There was a deadline for signing up for this tournament, but due to Bill101 and Battlefront promotion of this tournament, and the prize they are now offering, the new deadline and starting date has not been defined yet. So sign up and wait for more news that will come from me or Bill101.

Hi everyone

The deadline for entering will be Wednesday the 25th November, so that games should be able to get underway by the following weekend.

But if anyone joins later then they will be put on the reserve list, so that if anyone drops out then they may get a chance to play too.

As to which patch to play, it won't matter too much for at least the first round, and then a decision will have to be made depending on whether or not we have the next patch out by then.

Billl