$25 expansion

Good question and it is a bit tricky to answer as the AI engine for WWI will essentially be the same one that is being released for Global GOLD so while the AI may not appear to be incredibly fast for WWI it will be for Global GOLD.

How is this possible? Well the simple answer is that WWI would have been incredibly slow had we not updated the AI engine to handle the very large maps that WWI uses, but when going to the smaller maps of Global or the even smaller maps of previous SC releases the AI is actually lightning fast in comparison.

To make sense of all of this, the WWI map is 384x102 which is 39168 tiles for the AI to consider.

The Global map is 256x64 which is 16384 tiles, or in other words less than half the number of tiles for the AI to worry about when performing the various calculations in game, especially distance pathfinding which can eat up a lot of thinking time.

Try it out for yourself with the WWI game by running an AI vs AI test for one of the smaller campaigns with the game speed fully optimized in the OPTIONS dialog, i.e. enable quick logic as well as and disable all messages and AI animation.

You'll find that over the course of 30 AI vs AI turns or so for let's say the Galipolli campaign, the game will be over in under 3 minutes.

To enable AI vs AI simply press F3 before you select 'New Game'.

It may not be the best place to ask this, but if the new expansion and WW1 use similiar engine does it mean that WW1 has the same research system? (I haven't bought ww1 yet and hence the question)

If I want the extra speed and bells and whistles for Gold, I will just have to fork over the $25. Too bad there's no discount for previous owners (hint, hint).

Anyway, I would rather have a slow AI turn, than a dumb AI any day. I just multi-task while the AI is moving ;)

If that is the case quite a few of the speed up options will still help since if you are not watching the AI turn, speeding up the animation as well as disabling all the messages on the AI turn will all be of benefit.

In that case you could disable the 'Quick Logic' but as I had explained in a WWI thread asking about this feature most players would not notice the difference in AI competence if it is disabled, just the speed difference.

Here are more of the details for reference:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1320596&postcount=4

If I want the extra speed and bells and whistles for Gold, I will just have to fork over the $25. Too bad there's no discount for previous owners (hint, hint).

Anyway, I would rather have a slow AI turn, than a dumb AI any day. I just multi-task while the AI is moving ;)

Good point, speed is nice, but it's not what really matters.

What, where's Shogun 2 for $15? Even took a look at Steam... Going to get it too.

By the way, is there any difference in the pre-order or retail price if I don't need a physical product shipped? One would imagine you wouldn't need to pre-order a digital copy.

Nice of you to offer that to people, jon j. I feel a bit guilty buying games when there are so many needs out there. Fortunately, our hobby is pretty inexpensive. Like Shogun2 for $15 last week. That's quite a game, but still like SC2+ better :)

Brother, I've always had salvation guilt, success guilt, talent guilt, financial guilt, etc...to much is given...my judgment day will not be good. The spread in this country has become a gulf. Holiday time, in the past, I've bought gloves, food, & such things to give the army of homeless...pick your city.

Giving things away rewards both parties.

-Legend

OK Rambo...I want the game, buy it for me:p....on second thought, I'll buy it myself...but you make a donation to the USO and DAV in my name...OK?:)

Whatever u need pal...if any SC brother needs some food today or toys for their kids Christmas, I will chip in. Abundance has been good to me. Thinking about running some cattle for extras. Can't eat that crappy from mainstream. My body loves my real farm veggies, been growing for years. My mothers half religious Amish side has been coming through me lately. Regular business has been restored like Job story since 2008 crash. Not to mention hitting monster parlay on Stanford football.

I'm sponsoring some other locals and old friends who are on bad times, no work for them. Starting my own Elvis Memphis Mafia. I loan money with no expectation of being returned. Have u been to Garland hall with all Elvis's cancelled charity checks?

Don't forget to give, give direct, don't bother with organizations, desire nothing in return, the Holy Ghost will operate.

Where No One Stands Alone,

-Legend

Oh indeed, I'm eyeballing TROM3: The Road to Kyoto and others on TWC.

I found a pretty cheap Shogun 2, 12£ or something as a download, but I'll wait and see, as $15 was a lot cheaper.

I've pretty disappointed with Steam now that everything there is more expensive to us Euros, so we'll see if they can actually offer deals to us anymore.

Hola Rambo, you're quite the magnanimous one, I remember your antics from SC1 times. Did we ever play? I don't remember.

Oh indeed, I'm eyeballing TROM3: The Road to Kyoto and others on TWC.

I found a pretty cheap Shogun 2, 12£ or something as a download, but I'll wait and see, as $15 was a lot cheaper.

I've pretty disappointed with Steam now that everything there is more expensive to us Euros, so we'll see if they can actually offer deals to us anymore.

Hola Rambo, you're quite the magnanimous one, I remember your antics from SC1 times. Did we ever play? I don't remember.

Son, I never forget an opponent. So unless you've change your handle, no, we haven't played.

You'll Never Walk Alone,

-Legend

Actually I think I was logged as Scorpion back then.

I've added a signature to signify me as such. You know, the Finnish git who kept arguing against overpowering air power in SC1 (well it was, wasn't it, with dual role air fleets and gaining XP for both purposes equally).

Actually I think I was logged as Scorpion back then.

I've added a signature to signify me as such. You know, the Finnish git who kept arguing against overpowering air power in SC1 (well it was, wasn't it, with dual role air fleets and gaining XP for both purposes equally).

Glad to have you back on, Son. I do remember you. I actually envy my opponents...I'm jealous of them...because they get to play against me. I've always told my women the same thing, I'm jealous of them, because they got me.

Don't Be Cruel,

-Legend