New file at the Repository: The Beasts Of War (2011-10-15)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, finally got around to playing and finishing this one!

Sheesh, Stagler, you make some brutal missions!! I felt like I was roughly handled and really thought I was going to end this one with a humbling defeat. Surprisingly it was a Soviet victory but it sure didn't feel that way.

SPOILER...................................

I wound up with like 7 KIA, 5 WIA, 3 vehicles destroyed and another 3-4 immobilized and barely hanging on. My poor infantry were decimated. 2 of the six trucks were knocked out, 1 was abandoned but still running. I did manage to subdue all the Mujahideen and they surrendered before time ran out giving me the victory.

I had tried to rush the first 3 trucks to the exit zone but they were ambushed before arriving. I hadn't even started moving the 2nd group of three to the zone before the surrender so I gained a victory by default. Thank the gods of war for T-62s. I managed to knock out the strong points using basically a blunt tank rush. It was the only thing I really had in my pocket. Leave one group of IFVs at the first strongpoint, after it had been finally knocked out due to the sacrifices of my rifle platoon, and a couple tanks in overwatch (basically because they were already immobilized by those dame Gustavs) and rush the other tank groups up close to hammer aways from the flanks of the trenchlines. Just brutal.