[WIP-PREVIEW] Tanks a Lot's Normandy buildings

Juju

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, here is an editor tweak rather than a mod.

Use XT grass around buildings to hide bases. It's the middle of a war, so I doubt the grass is getting mowed much. :) I try to use regular grass as little as possible anyway. Running across a billiard table is harmful to pixeltruppen.

This is XT Grass and Low Bocage ...

building6.jpg

Excellent effect, especially the bits of low bocage that look like household hedges.

I still use regular grass a lot for pastures (interspersed with mud here and there) because the cows would have still been munching it down. But lots of weeds and tall grass around the borders and fencelines.

Orchards are tall grass with regular grass spots under each tree.

XT grass is REALLY tall and I save it for unkempt waste areas next to lanes and roads, underneath and along bocage (alternating with weeds), and fallow fields.

Yep, that looks a lot closer to the actual greyish plaster, and the stone looks really good underneath. If you intend to do other shades (and I hope you do - I'd really love a set of authentic building textures), I would continue to move toward the beige/cream/yellow palette that appears in direct light in some of the photos.

For Bimmer:

I made the wall a little less gray and a little more beige, and replaced the red bricks under the plaster to brownish stones. More accurate?

stonesunderplaster.jpg

Yep, that looks a lot closer to the actual greyish plaster, and the stone looks really good underneath. If you intend to do other shades (and I hope you do - I'd really love a set of authentic building textures), I would continue to move toward the beige/cream/yellow palette that appears in direct light in some of the photos.

I hope you are patient, because it takes me a long time to do each building. I'll try to keep the range of wall coloring for most buildings fairly limited for consistency, but it will mostly be between gray and yellow, so there should be some room for different shades.

I hope you are patient, because it takes me a long time to do each building. I'll try to keep the range of wall coloring for most buildings fairly limited for consistency, but it will mostly be between gray and yellow, so there should be some room for different shades.

Don't worry, I'm patient. I appreciate your efforts, and your willingness to consider making adjustments. Looking forward to them.

Lovely looking mod. Really looking forward to it. I was wondering about the roofs though. My roof is covered in moss - I expect roofs in Normandy have moss/growth/dirt on them so maybe they could be dirtied up?

The roofs you see in the pics are the stock roofs. The new roofs were juuuust too late to make the preview. They're in the works, though, and there is moss on them!

• 1 month later...

Based on TaL's comments his mod set should be released around the same time as my LaMeauffe - Carillon monster map. Which is awesome because the majority of the stock textures for both Modular and Independent buildings are only suitable for chateaux or the posher parts of towns, not the villes/ countryside which are the venue for most CMBN fights.

Now that I've managed to pick my jaw off the floor I want to put in a question;

Is anybody out there thinking of modding the churches? To my mind the stock versions are a little... underwhelming...

I'd do it myself if a/I had the slightest inkling of how to do it and b/ I had a shred of graphical talent... since I possess neither I'm just hoping that someone will take this on.

In any case I want to add my "Holy Crap! That stunning!" to the rest of the accolades, really looking forward to seeing these mods in the game.

-Derfel

• 1 month later...