Help with windows 7 text issue

• 1 month later...

The answer I assume he found was the 'Radeon_Text_Fix', which is a set of replacement bitmaps of the text. This is for text that is part of the 3D display (including the info panels). Here's our Knowledgebase article on the 'yellow on white' text problem. There is an FTP download of the .zip file that is within the text of this article, so you'll have to look at it closely to click on it.

If you do not see the text in the initial menus, then the only known recourse is to minimize the game and then re-maximize it. This should hopefully force a 'refresh' of the screen to draw the text properly. Sometimes moving your mouse over certain areas of the screen may be necessary in order to see some of the selection boxes.

• 6 years later...

Hello all,

I bought Combat Mission Beyond Overlord many years ago, had great fun with it already. Now i tried to install the game on Windows 7 with partly success. At first the text was gone at the main screen. I disabled AA & AF. That helped.

But now in the 3D screen i have missing text too as you can see in the picture. I tried to download the Radeon Text Fix, but unfortunately this file isn't hosted anymore.

Does somebody on the forum still have it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

image.thumb.png.ed45a7dfd827bdebc402097ed843a408.png

• 4 years later...
On 11/3/2018 at 1:27 AM, Schrullenhaft said:

I have a copy of the file. How would you like it delivered ?

Hello I am encountering the same text issue. Me and my dad find this game a classic and would like to play together again. Any chance you still have the file to solve the text issue and could send to me? Kind regards.

This is the link to a DropBox share of the .zip file for the 'Radeon Text Fix' mentioned above:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkg7zupvtq2vfhm/Radeon_text_fix.zip?dl=0

You shouldn't need DropBox to download it (though you'll get prompted to create an account). The file will be presented to you extracted, but when you click the 'Download' link in the upper left it should just download the full .zip file. The basic instructions are in the 'readme.txt' file.

Edited by Schrullenhaft