GC Tournament Final Winti vs. Dragon

I love this AAR's. Dragon made it superb in the round before. Maybe there is space for better reporting and easier screenshots in the future. Maybe making more per round without copy paste and collecting them automatically in an own folder.

At the moment I relish this match and ask for more reporting...

France is survived with a lonely damaged tank in Paris. Italy entered the war and the french navy is in the med next to Italian ports...

In China the offensive is speeding up, eliminated several units this turn:

40feb.jpg

I love this AAR's. Dragon made it superb in the round before..

I think you'll find my rapier like wit , self deprecating humour and all round talent for amusing the hundled, hungry unkempt masses here on the SC forum made it superb but sure give the uber unstoppable Dragon the credit for posting a few screenshots ....

I think you'll find my rapier like wit , self deprecating humour and all round talent for amusing the hundled, hungry unkempt masses here on the SC forum made it superb but sure give the uber unstoppable Dragon the credit for posting a few screenshots ....

At least we can say there are 2 types of Armchair general around. One likes the legendary stories about the battles, and the other ones got exited to see the very insight of the Battle orders and strategic maps.

Do not worry I try to entertain both, but I have to admit my skills are better in the picture manipulating tools than in English....

And back to the fight:

As expected the french gunners in Paris were not really dreaming to fight big mustache Germans and surrendered. Also the German paratroopers warmed up with the spring weather and glided to Oslo.

The french navy were not really able to fear the Italians and the bombardment of Malta started on schedule.

The Chinese try to regroup and giving up the fortress in the north.

The British landed with 2 units in Narvik occupying the city, creating a huge debate in the OKW if the SeaLion should be their favorite pet, after having a great summer in Paris.

The main theater of war shifting to the south and the mighty Italian army took Tunisia and destroyed the fortification of El Alamein (with the little help of the Germans :) Lots of Allied general seeking glory in the desert, but their odds are getting lower :

40juneaf.jpg

Meanwhile the Japanese forces got new rifles and after a short break pushing forward. Intelligence reported the Chinese do not believe in science so the speed can be maintained. Sian is taken as well as Indochina, but one special forces lost during the rush in the north:

40junech.jpg

The Axis advance is slowed a bit down in the Med, Malta resisted during the Summer but the continuous bombardment finally eliminate the British troops opening the supply lines to start the attack against Alexandria. The German paratroopers got honored their spring success by an autumn vacation in Greece.

The Japanese also going forward taking now the 2nd Chinese capital as well. Also Thailand is part of the Empire now.

40nov.jpg

After the fall of Alexandria the UK completely evacuated Egypt, and the Axis forces marching forward towards Sudan. UK and US tanks were deployed there earlier, we will see soon if they are ready to fight in east Africa.

The Japanese are started the expansion in the pacific, taking Nauru, Rabaul, Port Moresby, and also the Chinese occupation are going extremely well. The international press revealed a fragment of a mail from the Commander of the Allied forces itself :) reacting to the Japanese success several month ago: "Who need the Chinese?" So for sure the other Allied powers are preparing heavily to turn the tide elsewhere...

41feb.jpg

In August the Germans started to take the Soviet border cities, and there were a serious naval clash near the french Atlantic cost, both side loosing several vessels. In September the Japanese finally sailed to Hawaii and to other islands, starting the true Global Conflict.

Japanese landed in India, and finished the conquest of the Pacific islands except Hawaii.

In the mean time Germans grab Vichy and Spain, but Gibraltar is saved by the US and UK carriers eliminating an advancing panzer division from the Atlantic, utilizing the weather conditions well as rain in South France prevented Axis fighters to intercept.

Portugal was lost, but Gibraltar is still held.

Again has a General in Africa brought a bloody nose and a Stukka lost. Time will tell whether the axis is trying to conquer your senseless Africa is not set soon ....:-)

India is still defending safe.

To Australia increased naval activity is reported. If there before the invasion?

Finally the Italian navy in action, answering to the elimination of the tactical bomber in Sudan (as usual my air force stuck in the desert storm and the UK ground and the naval fighters had a free flight) So the Italians (with some captured ships from Morocco) destroyed the UK carrier and 2 protecting ships.

And yes the invasion of Australia is started and Brisbane is captured.

Meanwhile Russian strike-force arrived to the Chinese border near Alma Ata to welcome the Japanese. The Japanese reaction was prompt, eliminating a corps and reducing the strength of an army by 75% in the first round. Will will see if the T43 is brave enough to answer to this provocation.