ToW3 WW2

Tartari

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have said this for ages now. That BF got the game from i believe Oleg in the 1st place. Was WRAPPED when i thought i would never see the game only for another company to take up the reigns of the game.

But EVERY SINGLE edition of the TOW era was left for dead 1-2 patches and throw it in the I DON'T CARE bin. They may say differently but the prove is in the pudding I'm afraid :( The game fails to live up to this Generation PC specs, As i have said It's in the TOO HARD basket for BF. They would prefer to focus all there energy into a series that has EVEN more outdated graphics and runs worse :(

I would LOVE BF to prove me wrong and apply some much needed patches and new Gen pc compatiabilty.

Having had my rant though, THXS very much Tartari for you're continued DEDICATION to the TOW series, Maybe they should hire you to pickup the reins and bring the game some MUCH needed love!!

I wish Tow2/3 had the infantry behaviour CMBN has. I really liked TOW2/3 pretty maps, horizons. tanks and damage models were awsome. But the infantry always took so much maneuver clicks especially when a large battle raged.

• 2 weeks later...

I follow with interest me too this mod. I would like to proof also the game in multiplayer, is from the time of first TOW that I don't try the game. How about decide a week's day (or more) and a time (depending from the time zones), and meet at example in a tunngle lobby?

This week i will release the ToW1 statics mod with some ToW1 maps.

Hi

What about statics ?

Did you encounter a new problem ? :confused:

As map making takes a lot of time, it should be fine to have statics before the mod :)

I've been able to find all the ToW1 statics files and converted to ToW2/ToW3 standards, except the lod (level of distance) ranges and some problems. Also did'nt found yet a way to import ToW1 trees that was possible in ToW2 Afrika...

Bastogne

bastogne1.jpg

bastogne2.jpg

Chern (roads/railroads are missing)

chern1.jpg

chern2.jpg

Ste-Mere-L'Eglise

stemere1.jpg

@OberLeutnant

soon, I hope!

@Mitra76

thank you, stay tuned !

I wish Tow2/3 had the infantry behaviour CMBN has. I really liked TOW2/3 pretty maps, horizons. tanks and damage models were awsome. But the infantry always took so much maneuver clicks especially when a large battle raged.

sorry, i disagree, i love infantry play in ToW, a lot improved since Afrika and specially Korea, you can micromanage (better using the pause button a lot!) if you like it or direct the infantry by squads (this is the best way for multiplayer battles). I think it's maybe even more realistic and difficult than in CM (great game also!) because of the friendly fire, you must carefully use the squads formations available like it was in real life.

No, I just mean that it should be easy to add TOW 2 trees (and brushes) on the map you have imported from TOW 1, with the map editor.

Or my guess is not correct ?

If yes, I can help to plant trees :D

A long work, but not hard !

By the way, is it possible to import Gnasher bulldog's map ?

Oberleutnant, you are very kind!

No, I just mean that it should be easy to add TOW 2 trees (and brushes) on the map you have imported from TOW 1, with the map editor.

Or my guess is not correct ?

If yes, I can help to plant trees :D

A long work, but not hard !

By the way, is it possible to import Gnasher bulldog's map ?

yes, it's easy but very long and boring!

I think i will upload the maps treeless and ask help to volunteers, thank you!

The Speedtree trees looks much better, i've began to add some to my never finished and released La Fiere Map, this is a work-in-progress version:

lafieretow35.jpg

one problem i could'nt solve yet, the green bottom of the houses walls!

lafieretow36.jpg

lafieretow32.jpg

lafieretow3.jpg

Gnasher's will be no problem to import!

• 2 weeks later...
This week i will release the ToW1 statics mod with some ToW1 maps. I hope that before the end of the month, the ToW2 part (Afrika/Centauro/Kursk/Caen) will be available for testing. I need to find the reason of game freezing that happens sometime.

Did you find a new problem with statics :confused:

I'm happy to announce that i've found the solution to a game slow-down i had found in a game test-mission (it was a ToW2 game's bug actually) that was preventing me to release my mod! I hope now that the first part of my mod (2 Go) will be available next week! :) (if no new problem...)

Sorry for the delay!

I'm happy to announce that i've found the solution to a game slow-down i had found in a game test-mission (it was a ToW2 game's bug actually) that was preventing me to release my mod! I hope now that the first part of my mod (2 Go) will be available next week! :) (if no new problem...)

Sorry for the delay!

Oh, Tartari ! Again "next week"...;) God will help you!

I will be happy to see this :)

Just to keep the pressure...

rovno_03.jpg

rovno_04.jpg

I notice also that a lot of russian objects of TOW 1 are in TOW 2, but with an other name.

You just have to find the new name and exchange it