ToW3 WW2

Tartari

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sneaksie and Scoang, thank you for the kind words!

I'm currently testing myself playing missions I've created with the simple editor, found some work to add. The encyclopedia works well now i but didn't figure out how to enter a new nation, germans.

Some additional pics with ToW1 units:

early german tanks (ToW1)

grab20110403084913178.jpg

Polish tanks

grab20110403083351982.jpg

grab20110403083323762.jpg

grab20110403083754930.jpg

ToW1 infantry is very low poly but it can be useful if you want big battles or if your computer isn't powerful enough.

grab20110403084757545.jpg

Hello, Tartari! May you help me with new infantry arm adding to TOW3? I tried to add "Johnson_M1941" machine gun from TOW2-Afrika 'balance mod" to TOW3-Korea. When choosing the units for battle it worked but if I started the game it always had crashed. Can you look at my files and find what is wrong? And I didn't fined "data\local\folder' in TOW3-Korea. So I can't add new detachment unit with new weapons and the perfect name for new gun.

Folders with "Johnson_M1941" files are in zip-archive. Downloading reference will be workable for a four months. Download archive Johnson_M1941 files - 2011,11,12.zip

Hello, Tartari! I see that you have inserted the TOW-1 units into TOW-3. So I have some questions to you. The first one is how and by what are you doing "damage icons" for TOW-1 units? The second question is the following: if it was done by Photoshop then what is the number of it version? Thanks!

everything works with the ToW2 Kursk and Caen units, it will be downloadable soon, I just have to test myself again and again, before sending it to the guys who agreeded to help in testing, next will be ToW2 Afrika which is mostly done. The ToW1 importation will take more time.

Kursk map and units in ToW3, SPG and AT guns

grab20111114180906856.jpg

mine pulling ability (german ingeneer can lay them)

grab20111114180726846.jpg

Heavy tanks, IS3 are very tough opponents for Tiger II !

grab20111114175403504.jpg

seems that the russian community is making the same work now! Great!

You are not absolutely right, der Genosse Tartari.:)

Radmir and I try to insert units from TOW1 and TOW3 into Kursk-Caen.

And something at us has turned out.

Besides I have inserted the American units from Africa into Kursk-Caen.

As I managed to adapt mod Eastern_Wind_Extension_Pack_v1.0 for Kursk-Caen 1.5.5.

Still we have begun works on adaptation of maps from TOW1 to Kursk-Caen.

At me to you the big request.

Please, share results of the work.

I have in view of French, the Polish, German units which you have inserted from TOW1 into Kursk-Caen.

And we shall think as to add the new country / nation for the Frenchmen and Poles.

This all looks awesome Tartari.

Makes me wonder about the strategy map & how it would be possible to implement it.

Would 1c help?

Or would they rather make an expansion/new release?

I hope they offer a support pack to the work of modders like yourself. Some tools for strategy map implementation that hook into the ToW1 & 2 maps would be great.

Perhaps an extended editor to make all this work easier could be a saleable download?

You are not absolutely right, der Genosse Tartari.:)

Radmir and I try to insert units from TOW1 and TOW3 into Kursk-Caen.

And something at us has turned out.

Besides I have inserted the American units from Africa into Kursk-Caen.

As I managed to adapt mod Eastern_Wind_Extension_Pack_v1.0 for Kursk-Caen 1.5.5.

Still we have begun works on adaptation of maps from TOW1 to Kursk-Caen.

At me to you the big request.

Please, share results of the work.

I have in view of French, the Polish, German units which you have inserted from TOW1 into Kursk-Caen.

And we shall think as to add the new country / nation for the Frenchmen and Poles.

hi,

I already have converted all ToW1 units, statics and maps, months ago just look here:

http://forum.jeux-strategie.com/index.php?showtopic=76326

it will be for ToW2 Kursk Caen and for ToW3. We should have collaborate earlier! :)

This all looks awesome Tartari.

Makes me wonder about the strategy map & how it would be possible to implement it.

Would 1c help?

Or would they rather make an expansion/new release?

I hope they offer a support pack to the work of modders like yourself. Some tools for strategy map implementation that hook into the ToW1 & 2 maps would be great.

Perhaps an extended editor to make all this work easier could be a saleable download?

Thank you JCMIL !

The tools for strategy map implementation are already in the game and some tips are given in the manual. I will give a try as soon as possible.

Thank you JCMIL !

The tools for strategy map implementation are already in the game and some tips are given in the manual. I will give a try as soon as possible.

Ahhh. I thought I read a post saying there were issues integrating non-natively drawn-ToW3 maps into that interface. Maybe I misunderstood. I didn't look too far into it after that. :rolleyes:

Perhaps converted maps will be OK after all. I hope so! :D

Thanks for the work you are putting into all this.

This looks brilliant, TOW always has had huge potential but failed in the replayability and predictability areas.

I gave up after TOW2 but may buy TOW3 if this WW2 transformation pack works out. Providing there are full instructions suitable for a non tech head like me because at the moment I would not have a clue as to how it's going to work :)

This looks brilliant, TOW always has had huge potential but failed in the replayability and predictability areas.

I gave up after TOW2 but may buy TOW3 if this WW2 transformation pack works out. Providing there are full instructions suitable for a non tech head like me because at the moment I would not have a clue as to how it's going to work :)

Amen Brother! I could never get the extractor to work. Hope there's a simple installer for this when released.

Tartari THANKS very much on you're effort to bring all aspects of the previous TOW series into a NEW and exciting environment!!! With all the added bells and whistles added from the latest installments carried over to the 1st TOW etc.. EXCELLENT stuff!!

Looking forward to its release!

Regards

For me that would make the purchase of TOW3 worth while. Is there anything I can do to help support this effort? Map making is as far as have gotten in modding. It would be great to have all of the units and vehicles from TOW and TOW2 combined.

Couple of questions:-

Will Knokke's superb Typhoon be included in the mod?

Are the TOW1 statics enterable?

Does anyone know of a way to port a TOW1 map to later versions other than taking the maintex & farmaintex & starting again from stratch?

I can feel a Bulldogs redux coming on. I also have a Overlord US Paratroop campaign unreleased which would make a nice port over.

Riah69: Thanks! :)

JohnW: Try the demo before! Korea is worth buying even without my mod.

Yes, we need more moders, thanks to 1C and BF, almost everything is modable! And the results can be astonishing! Just look at Arzock works! Yes, This game deserves a greater community!

We need more missions creators, map creators, 3DS experts, skinners, sound moders.

Gnasher: hi mate, glad to see you!

the only thing I could'nt manage to convert or import from TOW1 to ToW2 or TOW3, are the trees. ToW1 infantry looks very ugly though.

No, the ToW1 statics are not enterable, I think that they would need to be reworked heavily in 3DS MAX.

Regarding your Bulldog and Screaming Eagles maps, I can do for you the conversion (maintex & farmaintex are no problem) (i hope so, i was able to do it a year ago)

you'll just have to put the speedtrees trees and bushes because i could'nt manage to import ToW's trees and bushes.

Regarding Knokke's excellent planes, there will be included, i'll ask him.

• 2 weeks later...
Tartari:

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your hard work. I wouldn't be suprised if your mod increases sales of TOW3.

Thanks again for your dedication to this fine series.

Yes it will!!! Count me in that group.

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

Please either post or PM me links & I will get to work!

Knokke,

Pls see PM

If there is a link or tips on porting ToW1 maps over to ToW3, please share, I have some work to do. I re did 3 of the ~20 custom maps I have by hand from scratch. It would take me years to port them all by hand.

Cheers lads

Gnasher