ToW3 WW2

Tartari

ToW3 is the best of the ToW games:

- better infantry survivability (new fragmentation damage model and microrelief simulation)

- Dynamic campaigns (“strategic” map)

- mine laying and clearing, binocular view, …

- no pathfinding problems any more (that’s my opinion)

But the Korean theater is somewhat…limited.

That’s why I decided to port all the units, statics and maps of previous ToW games to make them playable with ToW3 (just had to make the filelists or to complete the existing ones and edit the extracted files).

I will make them available next week if there’s no problem for 1C/Battlefront.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(...)

- no pathfinding problems any more (that’s my opinion)(...)

Yeah, unless you save/load a mission a couple of times. And suddenly all of your units go bananas. It's unbelievable that 1C couldn't come up with a patch to fix this issue. As much as I love the series, this single bug kills its third instance for me.

Although, I very much appreciate your effort, Tartari (to port the WW2 maps and units into ToW3, which must be helluva work to be done). You're my ToW guru. :)

Thanks all for the encouragements! We'll have to thank above all 1C and Battlefront and also D.Jones for the extractor!

I wanted to release ToW3 WW2 this week but I ran into problems and it will be easier to release it by steps:

1-ToW3 Kursk (ToW2 kurks units, statics and maps)

2-ToW3 Caen (ToW2 Kursk Caen addon, units, statics and maps)

3-ToW3 Afrika & Centauro

4-ToW

5-Modification/new units

6-Sound mod

ToW3 Kursk is ready, I'd need a few testers now, if you want to help, drop me a mail!

ToW3 Kursk is ready, I'd need a few testers now, if you want to help, drop me a mail!

Very good news ! Few more steps and it will be done !

Good choice to process by step.

I am away for one week, but as soon as I will be back, I will test for you !

And make some missions... :)

You rule man! :bows:

It's awesome that there's someone willing to port stuff from the first two games into the third. I say you should be on 1C's pay list for all the effort you have put into it, and for making the third instance of the series live much longer that 1C has probably ever predicted it would. Shame on you 1C!

I'm impatiently awaiting for ye grande premiere.:)

You rule man! :bows:

It's awesome that there's someone willing to port stuff from the first two games into the third. I say you should be on 1C's pay list for all the effort you have put into it, and for making the third instance of the series live much longer that 1C has probably ever predicted it would. Shame on you 1C!

I'm impatiently awaiting for ye grande premiere.:)

Well said.

I don't believe 1C appreciates the difference between a "Grog Wargamer" and a "general computer gamer". Grog Wargamers are (generally) willing to pay for added value in the games they play (ie Combat Mission, Armored Task Force, & Steel Beasts). Grog wargamers (generally) see their games an an investment of a great amount of time and hope the publishers support the games with enhancements and new content; even if that support comes with a price tag. It appears 1C treats this series as any other shooter game (WHICH IT CERTAINLY IS NOT). It appears they think it has a limited shelf life, therefore they will not put much added value in the game. I have always considered this a big mistake on 1C's part. This series has the potential of becoming a classic tactical sandbox.

Hello, Tartari! If you want you may use two files from my "kursk_mp_map_03_User" map made for TOW-3 Korea'1950. These files are pathfindcells.tga and

typesai.tga. In map from TOW-2 Kursk'1943 these files are almost blank because of multiplayer fan gameplay as I'm thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, but I went across a snag...

I thought that the first step was ready, but I figured out a strange problem: when I enable my mod, not only the new units type "car" are invisibile but also strangely the stock game ones. This is the only hitch in my mod which otherwise works perfectly, i am currently striving to find what is causing that.

I'll keep you informed as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...