Sign in to follow this  
Gurra

Delving into the editor...campaign question

So, I have finally started to explore the editor. Now, As I have understood, there is no way to create 'operation type' of campaigns as in CMX1, where you fight back and forth over a single map? But I guess you could use one map and set sequential objectives along it? Then progress would be conditional of course, rather than dynamic.

There is no persistant damage in campaigns. So every structure destroyed in one battle would be resurrected for the next. Every shell hole and stripped tree.

It's an immersion killer.

So, if you want a Static Op(feels good just type that phrase) you may want to confine it to light infantry with no large artillery support... and forests/fields.

Hmm. Didn´t think about that aspect. Heh, I was aiming for some intense urban fighting...is there any word on static operations for future installments?

You can make some pretty educated guesses though as designer of where the damafe is likely to accumulate and alter the later maps accordingly. If you err on the side of more damage, you can always just say that there was some additional shelling between actions.

I´d possibly try making a campaign to workaround non persitent damage. Thus you don´t need to play a map (part) twice, but can progress on a similar map, that is likely to be fought on in subsequent battles (LLL explained a variant of it already).