stereo sound files?

joeroma

I wanted to create new audio files, but I wanted to create them in stereo.

I noticed that the file background is in stereo, but audio files are not shoot and must be in mono.

You can create new audio files, such as explosions and shoots, in stereo?

excuse my ignorance on the subject.

I believe, but don't really know for sure, that the sound files are in mono so that they may be 'directed' (coming from one speaker or the other to give a sense as to where they come from). If the sound was stereo, then it would be heard from both speakers and I don't think the sound routines are geared towards muting one channel or another when it comes to a single sound file. The 'background' sound is in stereo since it is assume that it would be pervasive.

Those are my assumptions.

Yeah, as some of you may recall, the first version of my background sounds mod the sounds were in stereo, and they sounded like the world ending. Crackly, glitchy, all messed up an ****. So I think stereo sounds dont work with CMx2 games. They might work with CMBN however I dont know.

Background is always in stereo...it's the only sound file that is. What you probably had screwed up was the sample rate or sample size. I've done that a few times with voice files and you get that jarring screechy noise.

And for Joeroma, Anything other than background sounds will be PCM, 44Khz, 16bit, mono...the background wav is the same except the channel will be stereo.

Mord.