Intellimouse

I think this might be covered by just buying a mouse other than the one stated above, but just in case.

I have the demo, but a few months ago we switched to a different video card. This dramatically improved the graphics, but the game froze up about every 30 seconds after entering a scenario. On the gold demo, when I select a button on the main menu, at the bottom it says "Main Menu". When I move the pointer a bit to the right off the button, it says what the button is used for. I think this is a conflict between the mouse and video card and have thus gone out to buy a new mouse (Not an Intellimouse). Am I correct?

Guest MantaRay

I have the Intellimouse Explorer and have no problems using it, but if you have USB, you can have 2 mice installed anyway...just in case. Also you may want to get the 3.1a drivers from Microsoft, but I had no probs with the retail(3.0) drivers.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Could be a simple IRQ - conflitct. PS/2 mice use IRQ 12 if I remember right. Soe Videocards use that one too. Win98 tends to allow several devices on one IRQ (Win95 has bigger probs with tha) but not always this will work as intended. You might try to use a adapter to use the mouse on a COM-port, if its USB-port I dunno .

Hope this helps,

murx

Before running out and buying a new mouse, try disabling the Intellimouse mouse scroll features by turning off the mouse app which is running in the sys tray. This worked for me when I had problems running the demo on a system using a Logitech wheel mouse.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by bazooka10165 (edited 06-18-2000).]