CM Afghanistan: How many scen/camp?

I just did a quick look. This isn't an 'official' count. There's two campaigns, one covering the initial invasion and another jumping forward to 1985. I count 12-13 standalone scenario that might have come with the game. I've got to revisit the Repository to pick up any recent 3rd party scenarios that may have shown up.

I have been reading some interesting material about the use of the Shilka against groundtargets during the capture of Kabul in 1979 yesterday. I always thought this machine was not used as an offensive weapon by the Soviets in Afghanistan since it is designed for defending deployed groundforces against nearby low flying aerial targets. But according to a PDF file called "The takedown of kabul: An effective coup de main" the Zenitnaia Samokhodnaia Ustanovka did play an important role for surpressing hostile forces during this operation. This is probably not the right forum to mention this, but this information could come in handy when I will make a new CMA mission.

I have been reading some interesting material about the use of the Shilka against groundtargets during the capture of Kabul in 1979 yesterday. I always thought this machine was not used as an offensive weapon by the Soviets in Afghanistan since it is designed for defending deployed groundforces against nearby low flying aerial targets. But according to a PDF file called "The takedown of kabul: An effective coup de main" the Zenitnaia Samokhodnaia Ustanovka did play an important role for surpressing hostile forces during this operation. This is probably not the right forum to mention this, but this information could come in handy when I will make a new CMA mission.

Have you played "Operation Storm 333" that comes with the game? It depicts that particular operation where Amin's palace was stormed and it has Shilka in it.

Normal Dude built that scenario BTW.

Hi Dima, I did play Operation Storm 333 and while reading the PDF document I thought I recognised something about the story of Amin´s palace that was being stormed. I do remember that Operation storm 333 took place in the dark, and on snowy ground in CMA. It had two Shilka´s, two or three BTR´s and some BMP´s in it. I will take another look at the document to see if it has the specific name for the operation that lead to the capture of Amin´s palace, but I would not be surprised at all if it will be Operation storm 333.

The document covers 13 (special) operations to a certain level of detail that were executed during the capture of Kabul. It was very interesting to read how a variety of (special) forces in relative small numbers captured keybuildings of various administrations in the city with all sorts of weapons, including non conventional ones like poison. The latter is unfortunatly not programmed in CMA.:D But seriously, according to the document the capture of Kabul was planned and executed very well. Normal Dude designed Operation storm 333 very well, and I had a good time playing it. I know that I was victorious but I´m not sure if it was a major or minor victory.

Poor CM:Afghanistan forum, being cruelly ignored while we talk about the game behind its back on this forum. :P

Oh, one thing to note. Awhile ago I had posted to Repository a full Syrian tank mod pack with much-improved art, especially for T-55/T-62. All I really did was take the CM:Afghanistan art, darken it slightly and add Syrian flags. So there's some cool stuff in the game.

Oh, one thing to note. Awhile ago I had posted to Repository a full Syrian tank mod pack with much-improved art, especially for T-55/T-62. All I really did was take the CM:Afghanistan art, darken it slightly and add Syrian flags. So there's some cool stuff in the game.

I made full use of the Syrian tank mod pack You made, thanks a lot for making this and putting it to the repository! It improved gameplay experience, in terms of eyecandy that is, greatly for me. Which reminds to give it a five star rating.;)

Poor CM:Afghanistan forum, being cruelly ignored while we talk about the game behind its back on this forum.:P

Yeah, You are right, and I can't stand it when there is talk behind a game's back so it can't defend itself. So I wont contribute to this topic anymore.:D

Well that's odd. Where did it go? I went searching on Repository and couldn't locate it. Hmmm. Let me dig the mod out again and repost it.

[Edit] Repository's being uncooperative at the moment. Maybe I'll visit GreenAsJade's site. :)

[Edit] That site's being uncooperaive too! :rolleyes: