Best H2H Scenarios

Carbide Carbide: very tricky to measure the balance of it.

I suspect that with two very experienced players, it might be balanced. IE two vets might find that each side has equivalent challenges, and equal opportunity to prevail.

The problem is that the Allied attack calls for very good CMBN experience. I don't think a newbie CMBN player stands a chance on offense, wheras on defence a newbie could readily hold off his inexperienced adversary.

I played it first as an inexperienced Allied attacker and was completely thwarted. We didn't even finish: I was utterly repelled :)

Now I'm playing the same experienced Oppo and he is attacking me and showing me how it is done. Time will tell whether this translates into an Allied victory.

GaJ

With Carbide Carbide I think one contributing factor is players misreading the US brief. If playing as the US double check the brief. Makes a huge difference to how you structure your plan.

Keen to hear how this goes - as GAJ has mentioned there has been debate about it :)

You will be waiting awhile since the PBEM game turn rate in the games I play is nothing to smile about. I am lucky to see a turn a night. But when jobs, family and other stuff is involved, that is enough, if not to much.

Most of my time at this forum is when I am at work and have some spare time. Like lunch.

With Carbide Carbide I think one contributing factor is players misreading the US brief. If playing as the US double check the brief. Makes a huge difference to how you structure your plan.

Keen to hear how this goes - as GAJ has mentioned there has been debate about it :)

I am really keen to read the debate but have not gone into the thread.... I knew tha map looked similar to Huzzar, now I know why.

Hope to post some comments once I have played it. Just need to set up and that will take some time as defender has lots of choices and approaches....

More later.....

Speaking of H2H-maps, please try the Géfosse-Fontenay map by yours truly. I uploaded it to the depository a few days ago:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1517

Could be a pain in the ass map with lots of open fields, I just started testing it live with my PBEM-pal, but could also (maybe, most unlikely) be a hilariously fun map. Let's see...

Any comments good or bad are (maybe, most unlikely) taken into consideration in further development of the map... :)

*** SPOILER DEVILLE *** - Not a Good HtH game

Recent game of Deville which is described as a HtH game which I think is wrong. This is not a good game for HtH play IMO not even sure how it would handle vs AI, maybe as Germans vs AI as Germans are pretty weak and can easily be over run by a average American player.

The map does pose some interesting challenges but it seems to really favour the American Player.

Ditto that as I got killed as German's and really tactically you have no or few options. A skeleton force. I few reinforcements might have been better!

• 1 month later...

OK just finishing Bois De B and played Carbide Carbide.

Both are deserved good games to be played H2H and I would have no doubts about recommending them. Ensure you pick up Carbide Carbide after George tweaks it as American player will not be rewarded for winning by Victory points despite doing what has been asked. NP if you are happy to think you have won and not need the computer to tell you that you have!!!

Give the American side in Carbide Carbide to the stronger player as it is a tough challenge.

As for Bois give the German side to the stronger player IMO as it is a tough one for the Germans and the Americans can make a few mistakes....

Has anyone else got any further recommendations for good H2H play???

I have not played that many yet (2) and 2 underway.

So far Cats vs Dogs seems to be best (although I have some concerns) but I would love to hear others and I can add them here.

I have not played vs the computer and learning via PBEM and scenarios, not even done a quick Battle as I think I enjoy work that has been done by designers...

Anyone else with recommendations of the best H2H Scenarios?

Where do I get Cats vs Dogs?

Thx

jonpfl

Mind you do you still stay human if you just have a head?

What is it that makes us human? Charles is just a dismbodied brain, floating in a jar of nutrients, coffee, and redbull. Is he still human?

I suppose you could, for the purposes of CM PBEMs, establish it by means of a modified Turing Test; If you cannot reliably tell whether your opponent is man or machine, the opponent can be said to have failed the humanity test.

• 4 weeks later...

OK some more to add to the list of good scenarios for HtH

Buying the Farm.

Just finishing that as American attacker and a good challenge. Not a lot of time to attack and this puts you under serious pressure to crack on with it. I hope to see the German set up later this week to see what choices they get.

No Exit.

Again good balance and perhaps too easy to guess how it has been balanced. I played as Germans and had a good game. My oppo disliked it as a bit of a fantasy battle. Balanced is always going to be fantasy as most battles were not balanced, but this one is not very historical but good fun IMO.

SK Goin Country.

Again very nice and a great map with plenty of choices. Playing as Germans and still playing it at the moment. Not sure what the Americans get but seems balanced so far, and certainly good fun HtH. The map gives the players some real challenges for some of their assets.

Buying Farm

Update - Just seen what the Germans get and I would give the stronger player the German side. I am going to start a thread on some feedback on that scenario as after seeing what the Germans get it is a tough one for the Germans to defend and there are some interesting choices.