"If the zombies still eat your brains when .....

Lovely stuff. A quote to give a flavour of a mall ninja:

Gecko45 writes:

I do not understand the “joke” or the “Rambo.” I am in a high-risk job. It is not the Mall of America, but Ill tell you what its no podunk mall either.I am a responsible citizen who has made the choice to carry at all times. I defend others. If something happens at the Mall then I would be the hero, not those of you who are making fun of me for no reason. Yes Im not a Green Beret but guess what neither are you and unlike you I have to face unruly shoppers every day.My REAL problem is that, like any LEO, I have enemies because of my job. They may have access to high-powered rifles. My job starts and ends at the same time every day. Although I use four rotating routes to drive to and from work, I am still vulnerable during the walk to and from my car. This is the time that I load up on the trauma plates because I DO NOT WANT TO BE SHOT DEAD!Also, someone said that my Tac Team doesn’t get training. Not true. We meet at the range every night and shoot 400 rounds each through weapons that closely resemble our duty setup. We also practice unarmed combat. I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls. I don’t think any of you are working as hard as I am to be prepared. I asked a serious question about tactical armor and I wanted a serious response. If you want to laugh at somebody, try laughing at the sheep out there who go to the mall unarmed trusting in me to stand guiard over their lives like a God.

I am quite impressed that someone has thought this far ahead. It is quite ingenious.

http://www.gizmag.com/custom-built-survival-shotgun/19271

His "street cred" or perhaps "bush cred" does take a bit of a hit from, attaching a bayonet that does not extend beyond the end of the barrel, leaning his ludicrous creation against a tree (basic no-no for the tooled up) and trying to light a cooking fire actually in their lean to ?

Mall Ninja for sure

Well the bayonet fitting does sem to be adjustable - perhaps when hte zombies coem the gun's toolkit has an allen key you can use to loosen the clamp and shift it down the barrel?

In the absence of a gun rack, leaning the weapon against a tree seems preferable to plonking it on the ground, and lighting up under a lean to is something "we" used to do all the time in the military - helps keep the rain out of the food.

I mean you need to consider that all the pro' "tooled up" folks are probably the zombies you're going to be ...er....."killling" with this - since they'd have been the first to battle, and hence the first to be consumed :)

Well the bayonet fitting does sem to be adjustable - perhaps when hte zombies coem the gun's toolkit has an allen key you can use to loosen the clamp and shift it down the barrel?

In the absence of a gun rack, leaning the weapon against a tree seems preferable to plonking it on the ground, and lighting up under a lean to is something "we" used to do all the time in the military - helps keep the rain out of the food.

I mean you need to consider that all the pro' "tooled up" folks are probably the zombies you're going to be ...er....."killling" with this - since they'd have been the first to battle, and hence the first to be consumed :)

Ahh I see, so the Swiss Army knife in the butt can be whipped out as required depending on the approaching Zombie variant.

I would have thought that the Kiwi Drill Sergeants would have been just as pathological about leaning weapons as my own Ozzie psychopaths the assumption being that should said weapon slide and fall off the trunk it would discharge and a large area down range would be laid waste, resulting in said weapon being inserted where the sun don't shine or any nearby convenient and painful orifice. This would be quickly followed by the Hexamine stove should I have been foolish enough to let the Sgt see me light it under a hoochie.

Lighting a fire under a low nylon sheet is an excellent way to fill eyes and clothes with smoke and spontaneously ignite the sheet. The sheet would then melt, sticking to the occupants who would then proceed to race about in blind agony screaming "GET OFF ! It burns US It burns US!" and in all likelihood tripping over the leaning uber-survivo-cannon which would fall, cutting the hapless, nylon coated, yet still not water proof, survivalist with the awkwardly placed bayonet on the way down and discharge once it hit the ground laying waste to the afore mentioned large area down range, thus wounding your buddies and attracting the attention of the esrtwhile Zombies.

It fills me with joy to know that Mall Ninjas and Survivalist Knobs will be the first to go when the Zombies come.