Troops in buildings

I have completed testing of all of the individual houses and have found that some of them do indeed offer good protection from small arms fire and I suppose that the rest of the structures are also a mix of light and heavy construction. But the question for me is which ones? This info, as someone has already pointed out, needs to be made available some where on the game screen.

So far in my testing, ALL structures provide more resilience to rifle squads than open ground if the defenders have full LOF out of at least two windows. Even small houses (save one model, apparently built of wood). I've tried them all except barns and cathedrals.

Regarding information, one gets the impression that BFC placed great importance on aesthetics in this version and hesitated cluttering up the screen with building data or command lines, for that matter. Would have been cool had they shared some of these parameters in the manual, however.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far in my testing, ALL structures provide more resilience to rifle squads than open ground if the defenders have full LOF out of at least two windows. Even small houses (save one model, apparently built of wood). I've tried them all except barns and cathedrals.

Regarding information, one gets the impression that BFC placed great importance on aesthetics in this version and hesitated cluttering up the screen with building data or command lines, for that matter. Would have been cool had they shared some of these parameters in the manual, however.

May be BF will incorporate building data in CMBN the same way that they did in CMX1.

The structure type "heavy" or "light" was noted at the terminus of the LOS or LOF line so there was no clutter as it was only displayed for one structure and then only when that structure was at the terminus of the LOF or LOS line. Sure would be good info to have.