New file at the Repository: Hamid's ataack on Hill 412 v 1.1 (2011-07-02)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

This evening I saw that I mispelled the title of hamid's attack on Hill 412 and that the fileversion was 1.0 instead of 1.1.:confused: I deleted the file, made the needed corrections and uploaded again. It should be available in one or two days.

Hi Erik,

Wow, I did not think I would ever get such a number of downloads.:) I am honoured. I watched the movie You made on Youtube, it was a pleasure to see. What programm did You use to record the mission? I think I noticed in Your movie that You did not use a sound modification, and could it be You did not use any graphical enhancements either? In case I am right, there is an excellent soundmod in the repository for CMA which I believe is called AKDSM V1.2. I also use Vein's superb modifications for tracers, smoke and fire etc. which he made for CMBN. It makes the gaming experience much better.

I use Fraps to record (I paid for the license, so it has no time limit and no watermark).

So I just start recording when I start the replay, and later edit away the parts that I don't want. The initial video files are very large, but I write them to an external usb-drive.

Even though I run a low end machine, it doesn't seem to hurt performance much, but I am happy with 15 FPS, so my demands are not very high.

I mostly see performance effects around the moment of big explosions, or helicopter gunship cannon fire, or a rapidly firing cannon. Maybe it is the sound, maybe the visuals.

And indeed I only use a mod for the floating icons and the compass.

I will take a look at those mods. In close-up, the tracers around the mouth of the MG could indeed look better.

Yes, sorry, it's the CMSF mod that you can use directly into CMA.

Just make a Z folder in your data files folder and drop the whole mod in.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=868

I think I just used mainly the weapon sounds, bullet pops and zings and vehicle firing sounds. You can mix and match what you like.

Hi Erik and Phantom Captain,

Erik, sorry for directing You in the wrong direction regarding the AKDSM soundmodification. It has been a long time since I downloaded it. I did not even realize that it is actually a CMSF mod. Thank You Captain Phantom for correcting this.

Erik, I will take a look at Fraps and the costs for a license and maybe get it too. I get the impression it is a nice piece of software.

can not use the link you have provided, it say fatal error.

Do you have an account for the repository?

It is different from the forum account.

When you log into the repository from a different browser tab, a link from the forum will use your repository credentials (unless you configure your browser to be very paranoia with your login data) and go to the right location.

Am curious if all the CMSF mods can be used in CMA, or if certain ones won't work??

What about CMBN mod compatibility??

(And am referring primarily to mods like terrain, sounds, cannon fire, flames, smoke, tracers, compass. interface etc. Not vehicles etc which presumably cannot be compatible.)

Hi Erwin,

I will give You a small list of mods I use in CMA that were made for CMSF and CMBN:

Eliminate_Red_Cross (CMBN)

Veins_flames V1 (CMBN)

Veins_explosionsandsmoke V1 (CMBN)

Vein Skys (CMBN, I know I did not write Veins but this is how the file is named in the Z folder I use in CMA)

Scippio Muzzle Fire (CMSF)

Newredtracer2 (I am pretty sure this mod was for CMSF and made by Scippio).

These are all modifications I use in CMA accept for the AKDSM V1.2 sound mod. For modification of the interface in CMA I use scippio_cma_gy_1.02b.

I can't tell what other mods for CMSF or CMBN are compatible with CMA as I have not tried them. The mods I mentioned work perfectly well for me and make the game a better one , at least in my opinion.

Thank you guys. I had no idea that CMSF and CMBN mods could actual work with Afghanistan. I would never have tried it on my own.

Great stuff!:D

Does anyone know if you can change fonts in the game? Some people playing "WAR in the EAST" are using a fake Cyrillic; kind of looks Russian but is english. Thanks!

Sorry Schultz, I can't help you with Your question on the fake Cyrillic that looks Russian but is English. This goes beyond me, but maybe You can find an answer or information in Battlefronts Knowledge database. In the past I also googled to get answers for questions I had concerning CMSF, and in most cases I found what I was looking for.

There is a mod that changes the size of existing text so those of us with hi-res monitors can actually read the briefings without a magnifying glass. (Check the Repository, or ask around here.)

So, I would assume/hope that the font itself could also be changed.

If you are able to create such a mod for CMA, please let us know/upload to Repository. It's a good idea. (I suppose it would also be great to have a pseudo Arabic script for playing the other side as well.)

I get the picture, the orderuserinterface does look a bit strange to say the least.:D But I would not spend time on modding this. It would take less time learning the ordershortcuts and ignore this part of the screen. By the way, when I deleted Version 1.0 of Hamids attack I also deleted the five star rating You gave me.:mad: I was very proud to be a five star CMA missiondesigner.:D I know I'm asking a lot, but would You be so kind to give the file another five star rating? Every now and then I could take a look at it and get back that awardwinning feeling.:)