WIP: The Italian Campaign Mod

sdp

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´ve removed the foliage by replacing the default bmps with bare twigs/branches and modified the alpha channel, nothing too advanced really - the tree models are the same, they´re hardcoded.

/sdp

Expect NZ and Polish mods to come along.

Awesome! My late father-in-law fought with the 8th, 2nd Polish Corps, 5th Kresowa Infantry Division and was awarded the Polish Cross of Valour for an act of individual valour and courage on the battlefield. I'm looking forward to actions set in that theatre and with those units. Great news.

I'm going off on a trip for a couple of days, so I just thought I share some news on the progress of this mod pack. Most of the buildings are done, all of the terrain is done and most of the flavor objects are done (there are quite a few of them to change).

I'm also adding some mud to the vehicles, but I've decided to release them in a separate pack later on.

This release will include uniform mods for german Heer infantry and Hermann Goering Division infantry.

Here's a view from Italy in january;-)

CM%252520Normandy%2525202011-07-12%25252009-55-15-07.jpg

I've uploaded some more screens to this album (#34 and onwards are the most recent)

cheers/

sdp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After seeing Aris' excellent work on the german vehicles I've put my own german vehicles on hold for a while. I have however quite a few of them already done, so I just might release them as well when I release the planned mods for the upcoming "Commonwealth" module, we'll see...

In the mean time I advice you to use Aris' excellent mods for the german vehicles - should go very well with the Italian setting :-)

• 2 weeks later...

nope, have been busy turning CMSF into CM:ISAF lately, so no finished scenarios...

- but I've got a pack of Italian QB Maps coming along shortly - some mountainous and some representing more cultivated areas. Will let you know when they're done!

/sdp

Great concept and I really like the terrain. I will suggest maybe a splinter pattern tunic for the LW trooper if you have the time. But looks good anyways. I look forward to playing this when its done.

Correct... Herman Goring Div. did not wear Waffen SS Tunics, they wore the Heer Splinter Uniform, some of the units actually had Fallshirmjaeger Jump suits in the Splinter pattern.

I have several books and have never seen a Heer para in any dot pattern. It was even rare to see them in Italian jump suits and tunics, but even that would have been more common then any dot pattern. If its historical accuracy. Anyways the mod looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

You got mjkerners excellent HG Tropical Uniform Mod but don't know where to use it?

Problem will be solved soon, because part 3 of the Italian Campaign Mod is on its way. It's called "SDP_ITA_southernitaly_summer" and will let you get a taste of those hot, dusty and rocky parts of Italy known as Sicily and Salerno. The perfect spot to go looking for those HG panzergrenadiers!

Stay tuned, more news to come!

sdp_ITA_southernitaly_summer01.jpg

sdp_ITA_southernitaly_summer04.jpg

sdp_ITA_southernitaly_summer02.jpg

sdp_ITA_southernitaly_summer03.jpg

sdp_ITA_southernitaly_summer06.jpg

Hey, thanks for the nice plug, sdp. Those scenes look great! I can't wait for your "sunny Itlay" version of your mod. Since I have the uniforms out of the way, I want to get back to playing some.

By the way, I've been messing with trees and ground a bit, using textures from CM:SF and CM:A to get more bare trees and more meditterean foliage, with a dried-out look:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=100855

But I probably won't need to bother! :)

P.S> Man, that top pic looks like a color photo from 1944, and as usual, your buildings really scream Italy!