WIP: The Italian Campaign Mod

sdp

Just to let you know what´s cooking; here are som screenies of a Mod pack I´m working on. The mod pack turns CMBN into CMBI - Combat Mission Battle for Italy.

Don´t know when it will be ready, but when it is I´ll let you know ;-)

Direct link to mod album https://picasaweb.google.com/molnhavet/Sdp_ITA_screenshots?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMCC68DvxebmRg&feat=directlink

cheers/

sdp

CM%252520Normandy%2525202011-06-28%25252023-57-00-69.jpg

CM%252520Normandy%2525202011-06-26%25252023-38-49-19.jpg

CM%252520Normandy%2525202011-06-29%25252000-02-14-68.jpg

CM%252520Normandy%2525202011-06-29%25252000-16-29-01.jpg

CM%252520Normandy%2525202011-06-29%25252021-53-19-29.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waaay cool, sdp! I started working on terrain textures for an Italian Campaign mod, but you are way ahead of the curve, so I'll sit back and let you do all the work! :D

My shoulder patch mod has some of the US Divisions that fought in Italy and took part in Operation Dragoon. I'll for sure do up the rest now.

@mjkerner; about shoulder patches; yup, I know ;-) Already using the 36th with great pleasure, thank you! (as you might discover in the picture with the jeep in front of a building.

And it's the HG div uniform (winter version, Anzio) in the last pic, you´re correct.

@ali-baba; basically just playing around with alpha-channels ;-)

cheers/

sdp

@winkelried; you´ll be able to swap out the italian posters for french if you feel like it, so southern france won´t be much of a problem :-)

as for ETA, well most of it this mod pack is done, doing the last buildings now and will release it when I´ve made a few more mods for the vehicles (they should all look a bit more muddy than the stock ones). So, perhaps a couple of weeks...

Now that´s for the winter version of this mod pack, which will be the first one - my plans are to expand this with a summmer version (july 43 - sept 43 and may 44 - sept 44) later on. And once the commonwealth module arrives there will be more work of course ;-) Expect NZ and Polish mods to come along. Will go nicely with the Free French mods already available;-)

CM%252520Normandy%2525202011-06-29%25252000-13-32-47.jpg

cheers/

sdp

Basically the mod pack will consist of several packages; buildings, terrain and so on. The first terrain package will be for Italian winter landscape (approx. oct - march) - that will replace all Normandie terrain if you chose to use it.

The buildings will of course be possible to use for both the summer and winter variant of the mod pack.

I´m doing some vehicle textures to go with the winter mod pack, and a few uniform mods as well (HG div and generic ger inf). I´m sure there are other modders out there that will be able to provide us with excellent uniform mods - I myself am already using mjkerners 36th inf div mod with great satisfaction :-)

cheers/

sdp

Basically the mod pack will consist of several packages; buildings, terrain and so on. The first terrain package will be for Italian winter landscape (approx. oct - march) - that will replace all Normandie terrain if you chose to use it.

The buildings will of course be possible to use for both the summer and winter variant of the mod pack.

I´m doing some vehicle textures to go with the winter mod pack, and a few uniform mods as well (HG div and generic ger inf). I´m sure there are other modders out there that will be able to provide us with excellent uniform mods - I myself am already using mjkerners 36th inf div mod with great satisfaction :-)

cheers/

sdp

Hi sdp,

I'm glad you like the uniform. I just finished the uniforms/patches for all the US divisions in Italy, plus the 100th/442nd Nisei and 509th PIB. I'm still working on the skin tones for the 92nd Inf Div and the Nisei. They'll have caucasion features, of course, but we'll see how it works out.

Your mod is truly righteous, Dude! Can't wait for it.