What type of CM player are you ?

I say that there are four types of CM player.

1/ The type that don't care if they win and don't care how they do it.

2/ The type that do care if they win and don't care how they do it.

3/ The type that don't care if they win and do care how they do it.

4/ The type that do care if they win and do care how they do it.

So you can either be a don't don't, a do don't, a don't do or a do do ?...........i'm a do do, what are you ? :)

5 - the type that only cares if the game was interesting win, lose, draw or an afternoon doing crown moulding. Interesting can be as simple as a particular sequence that is worth posting on the screenshots thread or a nailbiting furious close quarters fight where the game could go either way moment to moment and every casualty has to be considered in the plan for the next round.

All of which I am getting in a current contest - thanks broadsword56 for introducing me to the glory of PBEM.

5 - the type that only cares if the game was interesting win, lose, draw or an afternoon doing crown moulding. Interesting can be as simple as a particular sequence that is worth posting on the screenshots thread or a nailbiting furious close quarters fight where the game could go either way moment to moment and every casualty has to be considered in the plan for the next round.

All of which I am getting in a current contest - thanks broadsword56 for introducing me to the glory of PBEM.

Dont start trying to spoil my system with your fifth type nonsense, your obviously either a dont dont or a dont do :)

Do&Do most of the times. In some rare cases (eg really pissed of with my luck or my opponent) I can be a Do&Don't ;)

Thats an interesting thought, in retrospect i do something similar but rather than go to the darkside of the do donts or the dont donts i gravitate towards the dont do if it looks like im going to lose, so i've either got some sort of personality disorder or its a neurological safety mechanism that protects me from chewing my legs off with frustration at losing :)

I'm a do & do.

I wanna win and I care how I do it. The latter could be subjective to some... for me, it's taking as few casualties as possible, avoiding big risky tactics (if possible), covering the angles, maxing out the time limit, knowing when to fall back (after scouting a line), finding 'the path less traveled'... that's my due care.

I like to think I don't really care but in a meeting engagement I'm playing with a friend he bought two sets of those goddamned nebelwerfers (a grand total of 360 159 mm rockets) and proceeded to put massive area fire missions on maximum length all over my half of the map with them, using adjust fire to move the barrages about. He also lied at one point to try and trick me, saying he was nearly out of ammo when he actually had 200 left.

Ok, they are expensive but I can't help but feel that it's cheesy as hell and got a bit annoyed. Its the kind of thing I'd expect from some ladder tard, not a friend who I'm meant to be playing for fun. What do you guys think about this? Am I wrong for getting irritated?

I like to think I don't really care but in a meeting engagement I'm playing with a friend he bought two sets of those goddamned nebelwerfers (a grand total of 360 159 mm rockets) and proceeded to put massive area fire missions on maximum length all over my half of the map with them, using adjust fire to move the barrages about. He also lied at one point to try and trick me, saying he was nearly out of ammo when he actually had 200 left.

Ok, they are expensive but I can't help but feel that it's cheesy as hell and got a bit annoyed. Its the kind of thing I'd expect from some ladder tard, not a friend who I'm meant to be playing for fun. What do you guys think about this? Am I wrong for getting irritated?

No, artillery is a real beast in this version of CM, especially the morale effect it has on troops, so if i was going to play a game where me and my opponent could buy our own forces i would establish a limit on artillery along with a ban on setting artillery to strike on the first turn, this removes the temptation for me and my opponent to hit probable set up zones at the start, which could finish the game before it got going.

Although I had expected a somewhat different poll, I'd say I'm a "Don't-Ddo": Winning is nice, but winning isn't everything. People who always want to win tend to take everthing too serious very soon and completely forget it's just a game.

And that's the point when you end up having beheaded a good friend of yours with a real sword because he sold a non-existing digital one for real money... sad, but that actually really happened.

Which is the reason why I don't take winning so serious. Besides, there'S ALWAYS someone better than me, so I'll loose anyway. :D

Funny, my reactions would be the exact opposite. If someone pulled something like that when "it matters" I would be PO'd, but if a friend did it when we were just playing for fun, I would think it's hilarious. Especially if I walked right in to the barrage. Hitting the usually very limited setup area of the attacker, or in a ME battle, is just wrong though. Not funny, ever.

I say that there are four types of CM player.

1/ The type that don't care if they win and don't care how they do it.

2/ The type that do care if they win and don't care how they do it.

3/ The type that don't care if they win and do care how they do it.

4/ The type that do care if they win and do care how they do it.

So you can either be a don't don't, a do don't, a don't do or a do do ?...........i'm a do do, what are you ? :)

I only play against the AI in scenarios I design myself so I'd like to win, but not in a way that exploits the AI's big blind spots.

I'm currently working on "ArmorAdventure" scenarios, where there is a big, pretty even meeting engagement and I follow the fortunes of a few PZKWIV tanks pretty closely. Why the PZKWIV, you're wondering? Because its not particularly capable and my RT manoeuvering it is pretty crucial to its survival and effectiveness.

When you're down in the weeds with a hapless tank, the AI seems pretty threatening.

I play against the AI, but I always use automatic force selection for both sides, & usually elite difficulty. I like to try to win with whatever I happen to have against whatever they happen to have. It's not necessarily possible to win that way all the time so I suppose that makes me a don't do :)