What prevents cheating in PBEM now

The debate over whether gamey tactics are acceptable or not demonstrates that there are obviously two types of players that play CM, the players that play CM to simulate the tactical situations of WW2, where as long as the battle conforms reasonably closely to what those players have read about in the history books they are happy irrespective of the result, then there are the players that play to win irrespective of whether their tactics were used in WW2 or not, they just want to win.

And the third type: Those who just play for fun.

I probably lose 70% of all the games I play, but I don't really care. For me it's just a lot of fun. Seeing if a tactic will work (Rarely), if I can think one step ahead of my opponent (Ditto), or if, by my observational skills, I will notice something about the terrain which will give me an operational edge (As if).

But it doesn't really matter, because it's just a game and as far as I'm concerned, games are meant to be fun.

Until crown moldings become involved. Then it's every freakin' man for himself!!!11!!!1!!11one!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the third type: Those who just play for fun.

Actually there are four types.

1/ The type that don't care if they win and don't care how they do it.

2/ The type that do care if they win and don't care how they do it.

3/ The type that don't care if they win and do care how they do it.

4/ The type that do care if they win and do care how they do it.

So what type of player are you ? a don't don't, a do don't, a don't do or a do do ?...........i'm a do do :)

I probably lose 70% of all the games I play, but I don't really care. For me it's just a lot of fun. Seeing if a tactic will work (Rarely), if I can think one step ahead of my opponent (Ditto), or if, by my observational skills, I will notice something about the terrain which will give me an operational edge (As if).

But it doesn't really matter, because it's just a game and as far as I'm concerned, games are meant to be fun.

Greetings category 1 player, or should i say Hello Mr Don't Don't :)

The debate over whether gamey tactics are acceptable or not demonstrates that there are obviously two types of players that play CM, the players that play CM to simulate the tactical situations of WW2, where as long as the battle conforms reasonably closely to what those players have read about in the history books they are happy irrespective of the result, then there are the players that play to win irrespective of whether their tactics were used in WW2 or not, they just want to win..

So for one type of player CM is a simulator as much as it is a game, to the other type of player its just a game.

The easiest way to avoid any friction between the two differing perspectives is for the opponents to establish which camp they belong to before a game then they will know what to expect from their opponent in the game..

Well, there is more than two camps, but Noob has a point, it is best to find players that have similar reasons for playing. And two of the most common type of players are the ones he mentions. Now me, I am a History nut, but I also love all type of games. plus competative by nature.

So yeh, your freakin right I want to win, but I like scenarios, not QB's because I cannot stand battles that do not seem to protray the history of the conflick. I also only like to play against players that are highly skilled, what would be the point of a good tactical win unless it was done against a worthy opponant.

Do you live in a war zone ?.

Have you been to Kentucky, you better beleive it is a war zone, just need to get back into the hills with the coal mines.

You come across as being a touch paranoid, firstly you test people you say you trust to see if they are trustworthy by watching them play games to see if they cheat, and now you are implying that people that demand a certain level of historical realism could be trying to trick you into playing at a disadvantage.

Oh, baby I am more than paranoid, you have no clue as to how unstable I am. I am a mess just ready to crack

Well, there is more than two camps, but Noob has a point, it is best to find players that have similar reasons for playing. And two of the most common type of players are the ones he mentions. Now me, I am a History nut, but I also love all type of games. plus competative by nature.

So yeh, your freakin right I want to win, but I like scenarios, not QB's because I cannot stand battles that do not seem to protray the history of the conflick. I also only like to play against players that are highly skilled, what would be the point of a good tactical win unless it was done against a worthy opponant

So you are a "do do" like me then :)

LOl!

Slysniper, when you invite out your friends and or associates to a game and catch them cheating, what do you do next? Do you talk to them about it or pretend you didn't notice but then stop asking them out or what?

Interesting that you should ask.

No, I never really let anyone know what I think of them, and no it does not affect my friendship with them. If I ever do discuss traits with someone, I would normally only bring up the good traits that they have.

But where it surely does affect the relationship is in what oppotunities or request I might ask of someone. I sure would not go into a financial deal with someone that shows traits of not being trustworthy, would you?

I have a fool proof deception test for sexual partners.

In soap operas, when one half of a sexual partnership doesn't really care for the other and they embrace, the caring one has their eyes closed, the uncaring one has their eyes open, so rig up a camera in a room in such a way that when you embrace your sexual partner it films their eyes, then after that run the vid and if it's closed eyes they love you, open they dont.

I would like to add that it is advisable to use multiple cameras to avoid any suspicion that would be aroused by an attempt to manouver your partner into the correct filming area during a romantic moment.

I have a fool proof deception test for sexual partners.

In soap operas, when one half of a sexual partnership doesn't really care for the other and they embrace, the caring one has their eyes closed, the uncaring one has their eyes open, so rig up a camera in a room in such a way that when you embrace your sexual partner it films their eyes, then after that run the vid and if it's closed eyes they love you, open they dont.

I would like to add that it is advisable to use multiple cameras to avoid any suspicion that would be aroused by an attempt to manouver your partner into the correct filming area during a romantic moment.

Will it make a differance if the room has crown Molding or Not.

If they have their eyes open, is it because you have fallen in Love with CMBN or iis it just for other reasons they have lost their Love for you.

I really need to know how all this is going to effect my game play. Should I be trying to Romance my partner while I play.

One thing is clear, this thread has went to new levels as to not being on subject or having a subject, or something like that.