No African American GIs?

lol and killed everyone they found, Xenophobia is just a fear of foreigners, not travel

I am afraid their history has been coloured badly by the only ones who could write at that time: the monks.

Indeed they loved to kill monks and plunder cloisters.

To be fair, they had just seen what the Franks, and particularly Charlemagne, had done to force Christianity on their Southern neighbours, the Saxons. That was pretty much genocide, and practically no Saxon man of any importance survived that war.

So they had good reasons to think that Christianity was a very evil religion.

So,

Just to recap (as we have strayed)

For all of the atrocities, deaths and famines and generally ‘nasty’ things associated with the British Empire and those sub units associated with the aforesaid Empire by blood or marriage we can really blame,

Sweden, Denmark and Norway because Rollo, the first Duke Of Normandy, came from that area.

The French and the Germans – because, as Franks, they intermingled with the Vikings in Normandy and started giving them big ideas

The people of the Netherlands – coz they’re implicated with the Frankish Gig

The Romans – because they gave the Franks ideas above their station and didn’t keep them in line

And that blond from Abba is past it.

So,

Just to recap (as we have strayed)

For all of the atrocities, deaths and famines and generally ‘nasty’ things associated with the British Empire and those sub units associated with the aforesaid Empire by blood or marriage we can really blame,

Sweden, Denmark and Norway because Rollo, the first Duke Of Normandy, came from that area.

The French and the Germans – because, as Franks, they intermingled with the Vikings in Normandy and started giving them big ideas

The people of the Netherlands – coz they’re implicated with the Frankish Gig

The Romans – because they gave the Franks ideas above their station and didn’t keep them in line

And that blond from Abba is past it.

Yes but we distilled all of that into : Blame the French

Quite a tidy bundle for mind

Thank you Bruce K and welcome to the forum. The original poster was looking for possible scenarios for an all black unit for this game. Unfortunately, the game does not at present model AA assets so even though your Dad's unit was there it is not one that can be represented until later modules are released that do have the various AA guns. I take it that your Dad's unit, being mobile, was truck drawn quad .50's and 40mm guns? Or did it have the M15 and M16 half tracks?

Thank you, and yes they used a mixture of quads and Bofors cannon on truck-drawn platforms. Or so I've concluded - my Dad died 40 years ago this year, having spoken of his rank and his men but never of their accomplishments or significant losses, nor of his Silver Star in the BOTB. My knowledge is 95% Internet-derived.

and what of the Moors, didn't they bring all their nasty ideas about things into Southern Europe. They cannot remain blameless.

I am pretty sure they get a pass, after all, they gave us Morgan Freeman who saved England by showing Robin Hood how to do things the right way...

Isn't Morgan Freeman from the the deep south of the USA?

Maybe he is in your (limited by your eurocentric perception of reality) mind, but as the media tells us, he was the true force behind the Magna Carta and probably all the advancements that Europeans stole from other cultures.