"Chance Encounter" CMBN scenario ready to download

TCMHQ

Gents,

I uploaded my first CMBN scenario to the Repository a few minutes ago (hope it will show up during the next few hours).

This scenario was originally released as an add-on for the CMBO beta demo, at Christmas 1999. It was later also released as part of the Gold Demo. It depicted a meeting engagement late in the war between an American rifle company supported by Sherman tanks, and a German rifle company supported by assault guns. The terrain depicted a rural crossroads overlooked by a forested hill. Chance Encounter has remained a popular scenario and versions of this battle have been recreated by third parties in Combat Mission: Afrika Korps and even Combat Mission: Shock Force.

(quoted from WIKIPEDIA)

Because of the differences between the CMx1 and CMx2 game engines I had to make a few changes to the original OOB (no German Volksgrenadier units and no "tankriders" in CMBN for example), but I believe this won´t spoil the gameplay. I hope you like the new detailed map and some of my "artistic ideas" (sort of):D

Chance Encounter CMBN comes with five AI settings for both sides, so you can play it as single-player scenario , but I suggest to use it primary for H2H games.

My next offer will be a remake of the CMBO classic "Valley Of Trouble". If you find flaws or bugs, feel free to drop me a PM or discuss it here. I am open for your constructive suggestions.

Some comparison shots (old CMBO version versus new CMBN version):

oldnew1.jpg

oldnew3.jpg

oldnew2.jpg

Kind regards

Tom